"Restoration"

And you know what's depressing?? I remember one on the show room floor....

:crap::sos:

and we get older, hopefully with a smile and a grin....:cool::lol:

Actually i don't even think the body is the same.
You got that right. After 25 years of sitting in the woods in Ohio, there wouldn't be much left to "restore". Easier to find another and pass it off as the same.

Well, then to change a word in there, from woods to BARN in Ohio....or GARAGE is more likely and believable

but of course the SN# was swapped.....

:gurney::drink:

Actually i don't even think the body is the same.
You got that right. After 25 years of sitting in the woods in Ohio, there wouldn't be much left to "restore". Easier to find another and pass it off as the same.

Take a look at that floor pan. It's a sure sign the rest was rusted through as well. Don't know about hemi's to much, but seen there are not to many originals still around, i don't even think it's the original, but a close enough copy with a restamp.

Some loaded old fart will buy this for a bunch of money trying to purchase and live someone elses memories and glory. Many years ago, while the original owner was out having fun with his life blowing his money on race cars, purchaser was working 80 hr weeks building his wealth, hording nickles and now has regrets.

That's the psychology of why these "restorations" are so in vogue.

Last edited:
Some loaded old fart will buy this for a bunch of money trying to purchase and live someone elses memories and glory. Many years ago, while the original owner was out having fun with his life blowing his money on race cars, purchaser was working 80 hr weeks building his wealth, hording nickles and now has regrets.

That's the psychology of why these "restorations" are so in vogue.

Like I have said before, the living example of my old friend with a '35 Ford rumble seat convertible, he got a good rust free example, made it perfect and got many V8 Ford resto awards....came time to sell, no market,.....museums were full, guys that wanted new were dead or not in market....meanwhile I was telling him to put in a chebby engine and updated shit to make a rod out of it....he sold for 15 grand and could have had over 50 and spent less money....as a steel body rod....

I seriously doubt these pie high prices will hold much longer, especially in today's economic times.....

:crutches::hissyfit:

Oh come on, you ol' curmudgeons...

Apparently the guy tracked down the original body of a dragster that was important to him and did a hell of a lot of research and effort to bring it back to life. He recreated the essence of that famous? car.

I know nothing of old dragsters but I've followed almost exactly the same recovery of a racer that's precious to me. Of course the fenders may not be the originals and likely the head isn't the same. So freakin what"

I hear alot of Harrummphs in here that I deem inappropriate. Applaud the effort rather than denigrate the result:crutches:

I seriously doubt these pie high prices will hold much longer, especially in today's economic times.....

:suspicious:I can't begin to tell you how many times I have heard that over the years.

Oh come on, you ol' curmudgeons...

Apparently the guy tracked down the original body of a dragster that was important to him and did a hell of a lot of research and effort to bring it back to life. He recreated the essence of that famous? car.

I know nothing of old dragsters but I've followed almost exactly the same recovery of a racer that's precious to me. Of course the fenders may not be the originals and likely the head isn't the same. So freakin what"

I hear alot of Harrummphs in here that I deem inappropriate. Applaud the effort rather than denigrate the result:crutches:

I applaud the effort. Just call it what it is: a clone or tribute. There is nothing left of the original. He's calling it a restoration because restorations sell for bigger bucks than clones.