fuse link

DARROW 74

I shorted out the fuse link above the starter. ( THE SHORT WAS NOT CAUSED BY THE CAR)
biggrin.gif
nutkick.gif

Question what is a good replacement part or can I even get one? Or should I just install a in line fuse, sized to protect the wire???

Later sharks have a ~40 amp fuse in there, it's fine....actually 30 amp should do...unless you do a Baskin feed off the battery for a steady draw of ~30 amps while running cooling fans....

:crap::fishing::smash::crylol:

I shorted out the fuse link above the starter. ( THE SHORT WAS NOT CAUSED BY THE CAR)
biggrin.gif
nutkick.gif

Question what is a good replacement part or can I even get one? Or should I just install a in line fuse, sized to protect the wire???

Hypalon insulated fusable link material is still available at Autozone. It is color coded for rating. I have some here.(Green). NAPA may have it as well.

Yea its on the 73, timing light hot clip hit ground lots of smoke.
The link pulled apart real easy. I will check with autozone and napa tomorrow, I think a 30 amp will do looked like #10 wire.

Stainless watch band, left arm, alternator stud, doing spark plug...not paying attention....got the burns to prove it....freeking thing GLOWED.....

fuck me running.....:devil::flash:

Stainless watch band, left arm, alternator stud, doing spark plug...not paying attention....got the burns to prove it....freeking thing GLOWED.....

I was an aircraft mechanic in the service years ago. They told stories of that kind of thing happening. Never knew anyone that actually got burned though. No jewelry was the word and they strictly enforced it.

I was an aircraft mechanic in the service years ago. They told stories of that kind of thing happening. Never knew anyone that actually got burned though. No jewelry was the word and they strictly enforced it.

HUMMM...that must be the werd on the bird.....:amazed::eek::twitch:

Hot watch

I just saw this thread and started laughing. I was wrenching on the Impala when my watch band hit the positive alternator post. Sparks flew and the stainless steel band got very hot. Tried to remove it but the clasp actually welded itself shut. Ran into the kitchen and poured cold water on it. I, too, still have the scarrs on my wrist from the blisters! Destroyed the band prying the clasp open with a screw driver to break the tack weld.

I just saw this thread and started laughing. I was wrenching on the Impala when my watch band hit the positive alternator post. Sparks flew and the stainless steel band got very hot. Tried to remove it but the clasp actually welded itself shut. Ran into the kitchen and poured cold water on it. I, too, still have the scarrs on my wrist from the blisters! Destroyed the band prying the clasp open with a screw driver to break the tack weld.

Sorry Bro/Man, just had to laugh....you got my sympathy and empathy....

I guess we have to learn to watch our watches....

:clobbered::banned:

Me too- I had a watch expansion band weld itself together around my wrist- fortunatly for me, only one place got hot enough to fry my arm. Had to use dikes to get the thing off. One time thing too- I refuse to wear any rings of watches unless there's no chance of getting close to a power source.....

No trick to replacing the fuse link with the correct type wire- it's out there. Do a good splice and wrap it to keep water out. Better than new.