Opinion on Corvette IMSA car rear spindle

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Guys,

I got a bunch of suspension parts a while back from a guy who used to run a widebody car in IMSA years ago. I've been able to use most of the parts, but I have a spindle that is a bit too heavy duty for my needs. It's a rear spindle with 5/8 inch (by 2 1/2 in) fine thread allen head bolts welded in instead of the pressed in 7/16 studs. Is this usable in any vintage roadrace car? Just trying to figure out what to do with it. I could just put it up for sale on "another forum" and see what activity there was, but I wanted to get your guys opinion first.
thanks,
Mike

How much would you want for them?

What other parts did you have?

Do you have any pics of the parts? I would be interesed in seeing them

Last edited:
How much would you want for them?

What other parts did you have?

Do you have any pics of the parts? I would be interesed in seeing them

I only have one of those spindles. I didn't notice while loading everything up that there was just one. Have no clue what became of the other one. Other parts included rotors (which I think I got rid of since the lug stud holes were too big for my use), bearings, shims, a rear end or two, a few calipers, some front A-arms, seals, etc. No real whizbang parts. Everything is somewhat normal except for that one spindle.

Can you post a pic? Sounds like a spindle w/ screw in studs where someone welded the studs?