wider front flares

racervette69

Underachiever
I was looking at the picture on the brake tread,, wider than a zl1 or l88 flare?

Last edited:
sorry I wouldn`t know, all I have ever run on the front is the Hoosier 245-45X15....you might look at the Hoosier site and compare the tires dimensionally. My front flares are a one of a kind, I know where the molds are and might be able to get you a set.
redvetracr

PS: while you can`t see it there is a 5/8" spacer in there

I ordered and installed rear flares from vanacor, 2" wide and no mudflap. I believe you could eitehr make these rear flares fit the front or maybe they even make a set that matches this set of rear flares.... call them, their online catalog is pretty much useless, the only useful information I found on their website was their phone numeber LOL..... they were good to deal with and very helpful ... no complaints here....

I ordered and installed rear flares from vanacor, 2" wide and no mudflap. I believe you could eitehr make these rear flares fit the front or maybe they even make a set that matches this set of rear flares.... call them, their online catalog is pretty much useless, the only useful information I found on their website was their phone numeber LOL..... they were good to deal with and very helpful ... no complaints here....

tittywop-1.gif

good idea,, I have the vanacor rears I just cut out,,,

it might sound like a good idea but it looks horrible, there is a guy running SVRA who bought a car from a guy too cheap to buy front flares so he used rears...car is yellow & red, owners name is Richard Payne.
redvetracr

it might sound like a good idea but it looks horrible, there is a guy running SVRA who bought a car from a guy too cheap to buy front flares so he used rears...car is yellow & red, owners name is Richard Payne.
redvetracr

Is there a source for the proper front flares?

just tried them, wrong shape ,

L88 style ??

I think the 2" Vanacor flares for the rear without the mudflap are as close as you can get... it's going to require some custom fitting and 'glassing no matter what. Might as well cut the fender, move the lip outwards and re-glass.

Found this

PHOR-6TLK3F.jpg

L88 style ??

I think the 2" Vanacor flares for the rear without the mudflap are as close as you can get... it's going to require some custom fitting and 'glassing no matter what. Might as well cut the fender, move the lip outwards and re-glass.

I might be getting those vanacor flares like yours soon

I'm gonna run a 15x10 rear

Your size is right about the same as a 305/40/16 9converted, not that such a size exists) Anyway, I have 325/35/16s up front and they do NOT fit the L88 style mudflaps. I'll see if I can get one mounted under the 77 (it has L88 flares) jsut to see if the flare is wide enough.

sorry I wouldn`t know, all I have ever run on the front is the Hoosier 245-45X15....you might look at the Hoosier site and compare the tires dimensionally. My front flares are a one of a kind, I know where the molds are and might be able to get you a set.
redvetracr

PS: while you can`t see it there is a 5/8" spacer in there

Only 23.7" tall front tires? What rear tires do you run?

The car looks awesome but the rear flares need to be filled a lil more IMO...have you considered some spacers for the rear ?
I'm running 2" adapters/spacers from 'completevalue' on Ebay, they're hubcentric, bolt on to the axle and have another set of studs to mount the wheels to.... solid and safe.... :thumbs:

I've got a set at the house. Just haven't got them on yet. But I do agree with you. What I'd really like is to not use the spacers and fill the flares with tire. turning them is NOT a problem. My biggest worry is that it'll actually hook and break something.