constant duty solenoid

GT6Steve

Hey Amigos,

I'm looking for a continuous duty solenoid to switch battery current on the dyno I'm putting together.

I recall some chevy ac switch that works

Anybody remember a DC switching solenoid that would cheaply work to kill current to the loads on a dyno?

Typical engine loads ignoring the starter. 20 Amps? I recall an MSD box is a big load and the electric fan. Likely could run several smaller ones like the AC solenoid ? I don't remember the details on that one though...

Typical engine loads ignoring the starter. 20 Amps? I recall an MSD box is a big load and the electric fan. Likely could run several smaller ones like the AC solenoid ? I don't remember the details on that one though...

Just get a solenoid for an rv aux. battery isolater. If my memory corrects me they are nothing more than a 1960's Ford starter solenoid.

Does it have to be electrically controlled or could you use a manual battery cutoff switch ?

Manual switch would be fine. I've got a really cool mushroom head E-Stop button that I was gonna use cuz I could keep the big wires short.

Just get a solenoid for an rv aux. battery isolater. If my memory corrects me they are nothing more than a 1960's Ford starter solenoid.

Bingo. Standard motor products will make one. I forget the #, but they are commonly used for that function, and are pretty bullet proof.