Made a small testdrive today - surprise

Belgian1979vette

:bounce: I did a small very short testdrive of some 100 meters or so. Doors are not in yet, so i'm kind of limited.

Well, still stonecold here, so the engine was not optimal when driving off, with it getting a off idle hesitation. I stump a little more on the gas. The thing moves sideways. I'm like what the fuck, did I fuck up misalignment. Then I started smelling burned rubber. Got out and yeah, sure enough, 2 ten meter rubber stripes on the tarmac. :rofl:

That was a first for me. The old engine in the car was never that powerfull + it had a 3.08 with short ratio muncie, so not much grunt low down.

I couldn't resist it. It's dark right now and I just made a drive around the block with a couple of short bursts.

Let's put it this way, I'll have to be carefull with this thing.

One thing I didn't like : she was feeling kind of darty. Very touchy to input from the steering wheel. Will have to look into that.

Last edited:
we want a vid :D looking good! .. but those mufflers.... really? Hi perf. engine and all and then those mufflers? Keeping that hideous fog light? Is that mandatory?

we want a vid :D looking good! .. but those mufflers.... really? Hi perf. engine and all and then those mufflers? Keeping that hideous fog light? Is that mandatory?

Yep fog light is mandatory. Cannot run without a muffler either. She's loud already. Side-exhausts are not permitted.

Last edited:
Got a FRONT tag but no REAR tag????

:bonkers::tomato:

I do have a rear tag. The thing is the licenceplates here only come in 2 sizes. Either the long euro type or a square one. Both are too big.

I can get a small one (normally only for bikes), like on the front, but I'll have to pass technical inspection for this, so they can approve the exception due to not enough space. Load of BS, but there is no way around.

When I go driving I will have to tape the rear licence plate to the bumper. I do not leave it on there longer than necessary as the tape comes off more difficult over time and I don't want to use chemicals to remove the remains.

Got a FRONT tag but no REAR tag????

:bonkers::tomato:

I do have a rear tag. The thing is the licenceplates here only come in 2 sizes. Either the long euro type or a square one. Both are too big.

I can get a small one (normally only for bikes), like on the front, but I'll have to pass technical inspection for this, so they can approve the exception due to not enough space. Load of BS, but there is no way around.

When I go driving I will have to tape the rear licence plate to the bumper. I do not leave it on there longer than necessary as the tape comes off more difficult over time and I don't want to use chemicals to remove the remains.

GRRRRRR, I have noted the 'odd' shaped plates over seas.....BUT never thought of it in relation to American cars....problem for sure....

:cussing: