I have brakes...Finally

DR.G

After about a year chasing brake issues, I have brakes. Thanks to Gary(GTR1999). After reading the tech sheet on rotor runout I found mine was way out of spec. I replaced the rotors and 1 caliper brought the runout to .003. I also replaced the master cylinder. I can now stop:yahoo:. So,:drink: to GTR1999.
Dave

Congrats!

Not a nice feeling pushing on the pedal and not much happening is it?

Congrats!

Not a nice feeling pushing on the pedal and not much happening is it?

BTDT, I battled hell out of these damn brakes for some ten years, and finally went to the HydroBoost setup about 3? years ago, the brakes are finally solid as a rock, and very consistant, sharkey stands on his nose when asked, and without pushing pedal to the floor either.....love it....

damn vacuum boosters suck, ALL of them.....

:bounce::bounce:

Good, you did the job right. There is a post on another forum where a vendor advised indexing the rotor without bolting them on to dial it in. Not a good choice.

Good, you did the job right. There is a post on another forum where a vendor advised indexing the rotor without bolting them on to dial it in. Not a good choice.

UHHH....how in fuck anyone indexing a rotor without bolting it on???

by indexing he mean ...no without bolting it to the hub, front OR rear...nothing can be done...

eh??

:ghost::waxer: