TPI pressure controller valve

BangkokDean

TPI pressure controller valve questions.
Is this valve adjustable?
At what pressure is it set for and can it be rebuilt/replaced?

20120527_134732.jpg

you can drill a hole in center then weld a nut on it, then thread a screw into and make it adjustable like that. That isn't the part that goes bad it is the rubber diaphram that leaks if it is a problem fuel will come out that vacuum line attached to the regulator cap. I think they were all set to 43.5psi.

I really want to know how the ecm does without the right distributor since that is a vacuum advance unit.

Last edited:
It is my opinion that you can only RAISE the FP if you mess with the stock cap by adding a bolt/screw, as the height of the cap is set for ~42-3 lbs.....

I bought an adjustable cap years ago, and guess what? leave it alone, waste of money....:flash: I"m running 42 lbs pressure, 24 lbs injectors, 355 ci, L98 cam roller engine...:crutches:

It is my opinion that you can only RAISE the FP if you mess with the stock cap by adding a bolt/screw, as the height of the cap is set for ~42-3 lbs.....

I bought an adjustable cap years ago, and guess what? leave it alone, waste of money....:flash: I"m running 42 lbs pressure, 24 lbs injectors, 355 ci, L98 cam roller engine...:crutches:

No wonder you get shitty mileage, you either need to do some tuing and change at least the fuel injector size in the bin or get some 22s

No wonder you get shitty mileage, you either need to do some tuing and change at least the fuel injector size in the bin or get some 22s

Not taken a honest MPG reading in a couple years or so.....I did call my chip meister up in Carolina region...and he said changing to 21-22 lbs would make no difference as the computer had enough range to make it do whatever at 14.7....

engine runs as good as ever now, idle is GREAT, 650 rpm, smooth, starts, runs, good power, no pinging....nothing on the antique scanner shows up....

no codes....timing is 10* or so.....dunno what else to do....

I blame it on ethanol, these daze....since other vehicles have suffered also with the .gov switchover....wish they get back to making GASOLINE again and quit this EPA bullshit.....I not alone with these comments either....

you can drill a hole in center then weld a nut on it, then thread a screw into and make it adjustable like that. That isn't the part that goes bad it is the rubber diaphram that leaks if it is a problem fuel will come out that vacuum line attached to the regulator cap. I think they were all set to 43.5psi.

I really want to know how the ecm does without the right distributor since that is a vacuum advance unit.

Do you know where to buy a replacement rubber diaphram?

BTW,This picture is from an interesting post on the CF. My dizzy does not have a vacuum advance.

BTW,This picture is from an interesting post on the CF. My dizzy does not have a vacuum advance.

Dean, If you don't find a new one, I THINK I have a used one in the cabinet outside, as backup parts.....I can send it to you,

:clobbered:

If fuel isn't leaking out of the vacuum line to the regulator cap don't worry about it cause it is fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L98-TPI-Fue...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f19774dfc&vxp=mtr

ebay has them, just search TPI fuel pressure regulator diaphram

Dean, If you don't find a new one, I THINK I have a used one in the cabinet outside, as backup parts.....I can send it to you,

:clobbered:

Many thanks, I just ordered one from Rock auto and will ship with some other items.
Cheers....Dean

TPI intake on 70 motor, hence the vacuum advance dizzy.
Next winter i'll change the ignition over to be controlled by the EFI