Not as fancy as some of the cool toys I see here...

Sam Cogley

...but I found a nice 110V US-made ESAB plasma cutter with built-in air supply at a local electronic salvage store. Got out the door with it for $225. Just need a new electrode and it'll be ready to go!

you will like...

I have a larger 220V Hobart unit that We used to build a 3 axis CNC Plasma cutter from... it will do 0.5" steel all day

and a little 110/220 Miller unit for the shop that runs out of ass at anything over .375 or so but its great for portability and sheet metal...

Last edited:
...but I found a nice 110V US-made ESAB plasma cutter with built-in air supply at a local electronic salvage store. Got out the door with it for $225. Just need a new electrode and it'll be ready to go!

Use a gun???:stirpot::lol::trumpet: Nice score!!!

2.5 years of futzing with this thing on and off, and I finally figured out why it wouldn't form a proper cutting plasma arc, which is why it ended up at the electronics recycler in the first place. There is a brass compression fitting where the air hose connects to the head assembly, buried deep inside the handle structure. That stupid fitting was loose, causing it to bleed air pressure like crazy - but I never felt the leak, since it was just blowing out of the back of the handle. Tightened that up, and it works perfectly. :shocking:

I feel like kind of a dunce that it took so long to find something as silly as a loose air fitting, even if it was in a rather difficult place to locate.