Relocating E-Brake handle

Even at freezing temps outside - my garage stays a comfy 60 degrees!!!

8 months out of the year I wish I could get my garage down to 60 degrees..... :smash::rain::tomato:

I put a big ge window a/c unit in the walk in door and working in the garage was great after that. Didn't see much impact on the electric bill. Just clean the filter regularly. The bushes kind of hid it so the homeowners asc. didn't care.

Would something like that fit under the dash?

Still cable operated , this came off a Toyota 4Runner

I will add that to my list of choices. Got 3 for now. The dash will be totally custom and angular. The biggest prerequisite being the Vintage Air Mini AC/Heat unit.
Once I get something to "fit", then the next PITA will be getting the right sized cables run to each rear brake.

That's all the fun!!

Would something like that fit under the dash?

IMG_1169_zps551fab3e.jpg
IMG_1170_zps85199143.jpg

Still cable operated , this came off a Toyota 4Runner

For a manual car, e-brake is not an option (unless you live in flatland).
When starting on a slope, I don't see using a lever at my left.
But where to anchor is on the right side of the steering wheel???
That would require welding a bracket from the steering column support.
Still, a cool idea.

But where to anchor is on the right side of the steering wheel???
That would require welding a bracket from the steering column support.
Still, a cool idea.

That where it was in the truck right over the right knee, making a bracket to hold this is fairly easy, but not sure if theres enough room there

Malibu Parking Brake Assembly

Mr. UPS delivered the Malibu Parking brake assembly yesterday.

Here is what it looks like:
Malibu Park Brake-R.jpg

I did a test fit this morning and it fits like a glove against the left side wall of the foot well. It lines up perfectly with where the cable will go through the floor! And, I was able to press and release the unit by hand. I will do a mock up and take a couple of pictures.

I think I can relocate the silver tube to the left so it lines up under the car and points toward the rear e-brake line. I might have to do a bit of modification like moving or changing the angle of the bracket with the plastic wheel - but I do think this is doable.

The only real obstruction I see might be the hood release but that can be moved or use a different kind of release.

Got a happy camper here in Vader land!!