Ebay rotors - photos

Hi

I installed the ROTOPROS 2 years ago with HAWK pads and am very happy so far. But I am not racing , just driving harsh once in a while.
No PB , but can draw lines onto the tarmac in both, acceleration and braking mode.:D

I installed this slotted and drilled rotors because of the real spoke wire rims showing them of. I don't think that they improve braking in any way.

mittel-9881.jpg

I had problems with one of the front rotors. I had to shim it a very little bit to center it to the brake caliper. Not sure if the old one was like that as well . I couldn't install the new pads on one side. The old once where used up and therefore thinner.

I got one aft one with the rivet holes and one without. When I contacted ROTOPROS for this, they claimed that they are identical and nobody would reinstall the rivets anyway. I didn't.

In the CF, somebody received 4 ea front rotors and just couldn't install them in the back. So if you order, be repaired for some mess.

Rgds. Günther

In the CF, somebody received 4 ea front rotors and just couldn't install them in the back. So if you order, be repaired for some mess.

I bought from the same seller on Ebay - I emailed them and made them aware of the difference. They confirmed they had in fact different part numbers for front and rear. As far as I remember they sent this guy on CF the correct rotors after they realized their mistake.

These are Mike's (Red) rotors that we drilled and countersunk for 3/8x24 bolts (to replace the rivets) this weekend:

214a92a2ae0c847.jpg
214a92a2ae5d162.jpg

These are Mike's (Red) rotors that we drilled and countersunk for 3/8x24 bolts (to replace the rivets) this weekend:

214a92a2ae0c847.jpg
214a92a2ae5d162.jpg

Thanks Karsten! I have been following your lead and the brake caliper rebuild you wrote. The hardest part so far, has been getting the rivets out of the hub after being seperated from the original rotors. I drilled into the rivet about 3/4 into the rivet/hub thickness. This seemed to stress relieve the rivet and hammered out while held on the edge of an anvil. My front rotors came off ebay @ $104 the pair from GO Automotive in Anaheim, CA. I don't see them with a listing any longer.

tracdogg2 is sending me the o-ring conversion kit for my front calipers. Thanks again Karsten for pointing me in his direction. trackdogg2 is a wealth of information on most Corvette topics. I had no idea he had such a large business and supply of competitively priced Corvette parts. Thanks for the tips Mike!

Karsten, if you will be around when my caliper kit arrives, maybe I can get you to use your expertise to press the seals into the bore?

Karsten, if you will be around when my caliper kit arrives, maybe I can get you to use your expertise to press the seals into the bore?

I should be home this week and it won't take long to assemble the caliper halves - I actually messed up one or two dust seals when I did this for the first time, it seems that some of these dust seals have a sharp edge and they won't go into the bore very easy.... if you force them into the bore you'll crush them.... I used a small file to de-burr and chamfer the edge so that it would go in the bore easier.
Call me when you have all the parts :thumbs:

GO Automotive in Anaheim? Get me the part#s. My neighbor bought two pallets of rotors from a place that went BK.:devil:

GO Automotive in Anaheim? Get me the part#s. My neighbor bought two pallets of rotors from a place that went BK.:devil:

This is interesting, I'm looking at the shipping invoice and it has a letter head called GO Automotive Inc., but below that is says, Bill To: OC Autosports Out Of State. Both use the same address:

Go Automotive Inc./ OC Autosports Out OF State
2221 E. Winston Rd# P
Anaheim, CA 92806
phone 714-817-0000

BTW...I spoke with them on the phone, Odin and the owner Gary. Both were pleasant, accomodating and honest. In my first order I received one rotor undrilled for the front rivets, so I called and they sent me another, Priority Mail and free. That was impressive, so they will get my repeat business and recommendation to others. Of course, I will not know how well the rotors work until I finish the job, but no reason to suspect there will be a problem. Hope this helps!

SKU: 185183
Part # 17.120.62010.55.106

Last edited:

I should be home this week and it won't take long to assemble the caliper halves - I actually messed up one or two dust seals when I did this for the first time, it seems that some of these dust seals have a sharp edge and they won't go into the bore very easy.... if you force them into the bore you'll crush them.... I used a small file to de-burr and chamfer the edge so that it would go in the bore easier.
Call me when you have all the parts :thumbs:

Aaah yes, chamfer the bore. I'll use a sanding drum on my dremel and take care of it, good suggestion! Mike says I should receive the kit Thursday or Friday. I'll give you a call when it arrives. Thanks! If you need to pick up anything bulky from the building supply, let me know and we can use the van. The rear seats come out purdy easily, so the back can be open.