Fiberglass Dash/Interior

I think I have seen this before, OP--you sure have some glass working talent there, wish I was 1/2 that good man.....

Damn rare to see a project of this nature from start to finish....

looking forward to updates.....one hell of a LOT of work, for sure...

:clobbered:

Started glassing the center section that will hold the gauges. I cut some 2'' pvc at an angle on the miter saw, I then hot glued them angled side down on some aluminum foil. Layed 3-4 layers of mat, trimmed it up, and tryed popping out the pvc. Naturally they wouldn't come out, so bit by bit I cut them out with a dremel. I want the gauges recessed, so I fit the gauges in some pvc and set it back from the surface. I need to make some repairs and beef up some areas, but I feel it turned out pretty good...

101_0706.jpg
101_0707.jpg
101_0708.jpg
101_0710.jpg
101_0712.jpg
101_0713.jpg
101_0714.jpg
101_0715.jpg
101_0716.jpg

Sure is starting to come together nicely.

That double hump dash pad is nice, that's something i always liked on the older cars, much nicer than the C3 dash.

Got the gauge pod smoothed out with a layer of duraglass, sanded, coated with rage extreme, sanded...looks good enough for now, will start the rest of the center section tomorrow or sunday...

101_0719.jpg
101_0722.jpg
101_0724.jpg

are you painting or wrapping it with leather/vinyl? Are the grooves in the middle of the console a styling feature or for something specific. Very nice work by the way. I wish I had the patience for large fiberglass jobs.

Shot a coat of black primer. Looks like there are still some pinholes on the front and some gouges inside where they will be visible. I will get that all fixed tomorrow and get some more work done on the main dash. I made a relay and power junction bracket out of some .025 stainless steel, mounted 5 Hella sealed 40 amp relays, should be enough for fans, low beams, high beams, and fuel pump.
101_0730.jpg
101_0729.jpg