is this good?

Multiplexed wiring systems are quite sensitive to transients, spikes, etc. I don't know as I would try one in our caveman wired C-3's.

I saw this system used on another forum in a Mustang rebuilded from ground up (pro-touring)

http://www.isispower.com/

pretty expensive but it looks like the same system used on my big truck.
What do you guys think of it?
Not the price but the system.

Uh, I didn't go set down and READ the whole thing, but someone explain to me how in hell you eliminate wiring via ANY box??? every device needs a + wire and a freeking GROUND in order to do jack shit.....and so we stick a switch in the + OR ground side of said device to turn it on and off.....

so elementary electricals 101 how in hell this device supposed to eliminate wires??? F M???

Hahahahaha, cool system. The ISIS guy did the same thing to his hair haahhaahha, master cell at the back and power cell on the front and one on his chin. Sorry couldn't resist.

I listened to about 3/4 of the video, through the diagnostics, and I think it's totally over engineered for basically NO reason, but they CAN, so they DID....

IF they could do the gear for say 100 bux, on a pitch/toss basis when it fails....I could see giving it a whirl on a fresh install basis....

I think it's pointless.....about the same as my hipshot above....

:shocking::p

Somewhat similar to the DCM (Body Control Module) the C-5/6 uses. Everything from the power windows to the radio is monitored thru a buss system. Nice if you know your way around these systems....but a friggen nightmare to troubleshoot without the $150 shop manual. I pity the owners of the C-5/6's 10 years from now. There won't be any techs. willing to repair them. Engineers just keeping themselves important and employed.

After watching that video i want that system in my car with that touch pad interface :bounce: that is the neatest thing since sliced bread.

After watching that video i want that system in my car with that touch pad interface :bounce: that is the neatest thing since sliced bread.

Wanna buy a bridge?? to nowhere???

:rolleyes:;)

No you already have that market cornered :huh:

Gene just because you don't like something does not mean that it is not worth using or buying,the way i see it if you do not like it or understand it,you knock it and cut it down.

Gene just because you don't like something does not mean that it is not worth using or buying,the way i see it if you do not like it or understand it,you knock it and cut it down.

Come on man, I know electricals like the back of my hand, not so much about suspensions and all that,

you still have a wiring harness connecting these modules together, just a computer plug on it instead of maybe a RF or even light cable interface....if you run one wire, it sorta negates the whole damn thing....pull one, pull a dozen at once, I done enough electrical work through conduits, worked at a sparky for a few months while selling my house up north....

as for the mods on my car, I stand up for my observations, and the time span I did a certain sequence of events....and the results of the mods....

that's is all.....

:hunter:

Come on man, I know electricals like the back of my hand, not so much about suspensions and all that,

you still have a wiring harness connecting these modules together, just a computer plug on it instead of maybe a RF or even light cable interface....if you run one wire, it sorta negates the whole damn thing....pull one, pull a dozen at once, I done enough electrical work through conduits, worked at a sparky for a few months while selling my house up north....

as for the mods on my car, I stand up for my observations, and the time span I did a certain sequence of events....and the results of the mods....

that's is all.....

:hunter:
What ever Gene,if you did or have it,it must be so :bonkers:

...................................... Engineers just keeping themselves important and employed.

Nonsense. We don't design anything unless the customer requests it, or sees a prototype item that they believe will work well on their vehicle, and are willing to back up that belief with development/purchasing money. Engineers are only important (and employed) if they are making money for their customer, who (through the purchasing chain) pays the engineer's wages. Pure and simple, no egos involved.

...................................... Engineers just keeping themselves important and employed.

Nonsense. We don't design anything unless the customer requests it, or sees a prototype item that they believe will work well on their vehicle, and are willing to back up that belief with development/purchasing money. Engineers are only important (and employed) if they are making money for their customer, who (through the purchasing chain) pays the engineer's wages. Pure and simple, no egos involved.

Well, in the context I wrote...my intention was to illustrate that some engineers (I'm an old EET myself) forget the simple acronym...KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid. Overly complex electronics may be fine while it works, but if it fails...watch out. The C-5/6's will be rendered useless when G.M. either closes the doors or discontinues critical parts. Last week I had a customer that needed a turn signal pivot for his '91. Discontinued. Now who is willing to tear apart a salvage column for a high-failure rate part? My toaster failed a few weeks ago. I opened it up and said WTF? Friggen circuit board with about 50 components. It had latching relays to hold the levers down. High voltage contacts everywhere. I was able to fix it, but a perfect example of where simple would have been better. No offense intended to all EE's...just some.

At the time I had my Xmas tree dash in my '87 vette, and after a while with the vette club I found those dashes were not only expensive to fix...but y '92 when I bought it were already outta production.....I find out from a vette shop up the street they cost some stupid figger like 600 bux just for a couple LED burnt out segments.....screw THAT.....mine had a few burnt out when I bought it, and when I sold it....nothing critical though,....

but when finding out about all the troubles I had with that car in the 3 years I owned it....well...the list was very long....and I had not even touched the windows, seats for the second time around, headlights, and myrid other problem areas yet, and I was already stick of fixing crap.....

which is why I don't buy a newer vette.....I'm working on the car, i"m doing shit MY way ONCE hopefully, not going back in just fixing something that basically should NEVER break on account of over engineering....

I have bought many cars for cheep, WAY below books on them....knowing full well there was a electrical problem, just a matter of time until it showed....and sure enough.....

'78 Datsun 810 wagon....bad fuel pump wire, cut out the connector soldered the wires covered with RTV and drove it 4 years....burnt oil like a destroyer, but it ran....

then this '98 S10 pickup here last spring....for my wife/s son in law....

body control computer, WTF is THAT??? yeh, a truck/car body is SO outta control it take a fucking computer to run it....

so it killed the battery...work around was to find the problem pull the fuse, solder a wire to it, and run it over to a switched hot/ignition source....

turn on the key first, buckle the belt, wait for the chimes, and start the truck....big freeking deal....yeh, body control computer, thanks GM, bought a 3400 buck truck for about 1800 bux make us a offer we can't refuse....

:rose: and the list of electricals fuck ups in vehicles goes back to the 60's yet, with friends and their Jap bikes....plus Chrysler and their famous electrical problems.....

Pardon me if I sound a bit disgusted with re inventing the wheel....

:crap::crutches:

Well, in the context I wrote...my intention was to illustrate that some engineers (I'm an old EET myself) forget the simple acronym...KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid. You and I are in complete agreement with this principle. The least complicated solution/design is usually the best (assuming it meets all the specs).Overly complex electronics may be fine while it works, but if it fails...watch out. The C-5/6's will be rendered useless when G.M. either closes the doors or discontinues critical parts. Unfortunately, you are probably correct here. The "problem" is, GM, and the other automakers, specs these cars out for the original buyer, and the issues relating to the warranty period, and not what some low-buck fool like me has to deal with when he buys a five to ten year old model. On the up side, if it's impossible to work on, it ought to be a bunch cheaper to buy a used C5/C6. LOL .............. No offense intended to all EE's...just some.

I agree with you there, too. I worked with some very bright guys whos work I respected, but I have also run into guys that, how shall I say, have a different philosophy on how designs should be.

Exactly! Is it a good idea or not? The customer (or lack of) will decide if it's a good product. I'm glad that companies take a gamble on products like this, I hope it pays off for them.

On the other hand, they made a strategic marketing mistake by announcing that a new and improved programmable version would be available next year. People will delay a purchase if they think that what they buy will become "last years version". They will delay so long that they loose interest.

Is anyone using an ISIS?

Has anyone actually installed the system?
How hard? How well did it work? Programmable?
Time for someone to real world this thing....
-Thanks,
Charlie