"Hole" in the hood

danielepiacenza

Hi,
I'm sure that this question is very stupid for you, but in Italy there are few classic corvette and pochissimi very few 454.
In the original hood there are 2 "holes" in the front where there are the chrome lines. In my hood this holes are close with a black iron diaphragm and I don't know if, in a summer period, is correct remove them.

I'm sorry if the question appear stupid, but realy I don't know that.:flash::goodnight:

On the standard big block hood, these depressions are cosmetic only. Fake vents. If you remove the chrome trim, you will only find 2 or 3 small holes through the fiberglass for attaching the trim.
What year is your car?

If you are asking if you should cut (grind) out the black in the castings, I think no. Sometimes there are problums with gasses coming off the engine and back into the car through the intakes at the base of the window. It only takes a small leak of oil to smell up the car, and I do not think the extra cooling effort will be worht the effort.

But it would have a cool factor.

George

Thanks for the reply,
now I don't have here the car ad can't see, but I remember the 2 holes (not chrome trims, but under) have a small plaste fixed by removable screws.

I hope today will arrive my new differential and I will bring my car at home. I will see if the plate is removable.

About the gasses ... yes, gasses coming off the engine and back into the car through the intakes at the base of the window.

I don't wont to cut or grinder my original hood, never thought of doing it.

My car is a stock 454, 1971.

Thanks to all of you for interesting in my car. (apologise me for my bad english)

Daniele