'81 dip stick length?

ToddG

I asked this on another forum but I need to recheck the answer. I need to know the length of the '81 engine oil dip stick. The length including the base seat. The dip stick is located on the passenger side. Then I also need to know the length from the tip until the full mark. I changed my oil today and the car takes 5 qts. (w/filter) and the oil level is not jiving to the specs I received before for the stick I cut and added hash marks too. There is no place to buy the original stick. I did order one from Jegs which included the tube but it is way to long and it was supposed to be the correct one.

Thanks in advance
ToddG :confused2:

I can get that for you tomarrow, BUT, if you added 5 qts to a stock pan and filter, wherever that landed on the stick IS your accurate new point.:)

I understand that. I need the correct overall length because with the 5 qts it only just barley above the tip of the dip stick I have in there now , it is too short. With out knowing the correct length it is not possible to take another longer stick and put the correct hash marks on it measured from full mark down.. (1qt low/add ect) Thanks again for all your help :clap:
ToddG

22" overall
20" to "Full" mark
1 Qt. is 1 1/16" below that
Measured from the top of the tube.