Does anyone make slicks for 19s?

enkeivette

Or something super super soft with like a line or two of tread?

Hoosier Sports Car D.O.T radial slicks A6 & R6 (autocross/road race)

If I run something like that on the street, how long should I expect them to last? I need more traction, but to do that I'd have to offset my trailing arms, shorten the rear sway bar and widen the rims, then I only gain a bit till I hit the frame.

So what do you think TT? Are there any tires that will fit on a 9 1/2" rim (275, maybe 295) that will provide traction for a street car with 650ish hp? Or are there some middle of the road tires that will last on the street that will hook?

Hoosier - P295/30ZR-19 26.1 82.1 10.4 11.5 9.5-11.0" 10.0 25.0 $322.00

That size would prob work.

Also, in the meantime, how low a tire pressure can I run in my 275 30 19 Nitto NT555s on the street?

Talked to a guy with a Cobra and low pro slicks today. He said they're good for about 3K miles. Eek, don't know if I can afford tires every oil change. They feel like gummy bears.

Talked to a guy with a Cobra and low pro slicks today. He said they're good for about 3K miles. Eek, don't know if I can afford tires every oil change. They feel like gummy bears.

See, that's the rub. The better they stick, the faster they wear. With street tires, all you can do is increase the purchase patch. 3K on a tire isn't bad if you use them for racing, or weekend warrior work.:D

I guess, I'll probably end up running them. I've only put prob 10K miles on this motor since 2005.

The Hooiser DOTR tires have a very light weight carcass. Not built to take the abuse of a public hwy. Subject to damage from stones on the highways. I've lost a number of DOTR running just hillclimbs. You should see what a rock will do to one. That's one of the jobs of a corner worker at a track. To keep debris off the track.. There are a couple of DOTR tires that are advertised that can be driven on the street and track. Most of the guys that run them get around 10k. However you give up a second of two. You can also go with a SS tire. They have really improved them in the last few years. Not much slower than DOTR.. Just remember each time you do a smokey burn out,, that is a heat cycle. Hooiser DOTR tires are only good for 10 cycles.. Pisser..

However, there is nothing like the feel of a lightly scuffed A6,, the green knocked off!!!:bounce:

What are the DOTR and the SS tires? Never heard of them, post some links.

See, that's the rub. The better they stick, the faster they wear. With street tires, all you can do is increase the purchase patch. 3K on a tire isn't bad if you use them for racing, or weekend warrior work.:D

The Hoosiers can get hard from the constant heat cycling of street driving too.

Felt under my fender today. 295s should fit easy, maybe even 305s. But even with 305s on street tires I don't know how well the car will hook.

I'm thinking 295 slick or inbetween.

What are the DOTR and the SS tires? Never heard of them, post some links.

DOT R is a race tire with just enough tread to pass DOT standards. On a kumho they look a slick after a few trips to the track. SSt are for autocrossing. Where the rules require a true street tire, no DOTR. They have extremely low tire wear. The lowest wear number you can run is a 140 and still run in Street Touring.

Here is a DOTR tire that can be used on the street. A number of friends run them on their car. Read the reviews and Survey Results.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+A048

Street touring

http://articles.sromagazine.com/toyo-tires-dominates-scca-street-touring-in-san-diego/

I've driven on the toyo, damn close to a racing tire. Was really shocked how well they stick. They felt just like a DOTR tire. You really could not ask for more on the street. They even picked up pea gravel when you pull into a parking lot and make the sound of ping, ping, ping, ping.

Find a fast autocrosser and grill him about tires and pressures. He will know what the fast guys are on. And they change from year to year.

If you do get the hooisers, make sure you order the R6 instead of the A6. R is for track use. A is for autocrossing. You can cook a A tire in three hot laps at a track.. Seen it done.

https://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm

Last edited:
Read the entire description and all the reviews on the Advan, got all excited, scrolled down to see the size stop at 18. :(

Thanks for the info though, this helps tremendously.

Read the entire description and all the reviews on the Advan, got all excited, scrolled down to see the size stop at 18. :(

Thanks for the info though, this helps tremendously.

Pisser, got a friend that keeps up with the hot tires, Will give him a call, see what comes in a 19". Give me a few days.

Its going to take a hell of a tire to keep that monster vette of yours, from putting them up in smoke!

Last edited: