Center cluster ground path for a 70 ???

I know the exact ground path for the center cluster inst lights but I cant seem to find a wiring diagram that shows it.I realize the wiring diagram is for the "wiring" but you would think they would at least make a note which wire is actually responsible for doing the grounding.Anyone know of a diagram that points this out?

I dunno about the diagram...but the heavy black wire going into my '72, top pass side gauge in the 3 prong plug was a ground....it was picked up by the bolt to the frame of the gauges in back there....and then to the whole cast piece that also held the WSW controls up top....if that frame is broken, you loose the ground for the switch and the wipers dont work, or go intermittant...

I dunno about the diagram...but the heavy black wire going into my '72, top pass side gauge in the 3 prong plug was a ground....it was picked up by the bolt to the frame of the gauges in back there....and then to the whole cast piece that also held the WSW controls up top....if that frame is broken, you loose the ground for the switch and the wipers dont work, or go intermittant...

Yes your right the center prong or stud of the temp gauge bolts to the metal cluster grounding the entire cluster through that one 14 gauge black wire.Most guys dont know this and the wiring diagrams dont point it out.

Yeh, over the years of my car being electrically stock, I found some2-3? wiring mistakes in the factory manual....it was definately not the way the car was wired....woopie doo, I had to laugh....

the car was totally rewired MY way in winter 01-02.....down for some 6 months in the garage here....whole lot of changes went on in that time frame....

it came back a 'new' car, ever so much better than it was....which is the object of a car hobby after all.....:smash::smash::devil: