Wilwood MC Leaking ??? Help.

gr8vet

Believe it or not, I am happy it is the MC and not the TOB, good Lord, I'll quit before pulling the Tranny out again! :crap:

This is the new MC I purchased for the T5 swap. It has leaked at the front seal from the moment I put it in, just a drip or so, but after a 50 mile round trip I almost emptied the reservoir. :ill:
Is there any special procedure to installing on of these things? Instructions say do not bench bleed. Am I just lucky enough to always get the bad stuff? :clobbered:

Thanks in advance. Other than that, it has performed well. Love driving the 82 even more now. :cool:

I have seen other complaints of Wilwood MC leaking. They seem to be very sensitive to the angle of the push rod as it goes into the bore.

Funny you mention that, I was wondering, how much I could deviate from a perfect angle. (Less any binding or actual interference) As installed it is pretty close to straight in and out but not the best it could be. (No rubbing or binding at all) I'll spend more time on this re-install. Think I may go ahead and make a real wedge with the correct angles and be done.
Thanks.

tt

I have seen other complaints of Wilwood MC leaking. They seem to be very sensitive to the angle of the push rod as it goes into the bore.