New W2 Tax Form?

2011 W-2 Tax Forms--Surprise, Surprise!

If this doesn't get to you, then check your pulse. You may be a flat-lined..

Should you want to verify this, go to http://www.thomas.gov/ , enter "3590" in the search box. When is comes up, go to item #5 for HB3590 and click on it. When the next screen comes up, click on "Summary" in the center of the screen, then scroll down to near the bottom of the page and look for Section 9002. You can find this and read it for yourself, but here is what it says:

(Sec. 9002) Requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each employee the aggregate cost of applicable employer-sponsored group health coverage that is excludable from the employee's gross income (excluding the value of contributions to flexible spending arrangements).

Title IX Revenue Provisions—Subtitle A: Revenue Offset

In simpler terms, starting in 2011—next year—the W-2 tax form sent by your employer will be increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are provided.

It doesn't matter if you're retired. Your gross income WILL go up by the amount of insurance your employer paid for. So you'll be required to pay taxes on a larger sum of money that you actually received. Take the tax form you finished for 2009 and see what $15,000.00 or $20,000.00 additional gross income does to your tax debt. That's what you'll pay next year. For many it puts you into a much higher bracket. This is how the government is going to buy insurance for fifteen (15) percent that don't have insurance and it's only part of the tax increases, but it's not really a "tax increase" as such, it a redefinition of your taxable income.

Also, go to Kiplinger's and read about the thirteen (13) tax changes for 2010 that could affect you.

So vote intelligently, based on your values.

But also consider adjusting your tax withholding, or increase your savings account, so that you aren't surprised and put in a jam when your federal income taxes are due on April 15, 2012.

Fight organized crime! Re-elect no one!!!!!

God Bless America!

I thought they wanted to tax the benefits but couldn't get enough support. As I understood it they will require employers to report the value of the health benefit but they will not tax it....yet. I am an employer and my employees pay no tax on the portion I pay and they use pre tax $ to pay their portion. I have to use after tax dollars to pay my premiums. Why shouldn't they pay tax on their benifit? A better question may be why can't I use pre-tax dollars?

I want a flat tax every one pays the same percent no exceptions and no earned income tax credit (aka reverse income tax). Simplify the tax code. Maybe people would pay more attention to what the government is spending money on.

68L71 we are thinking the same on this one. One flat sales tax or income tax. Still not sure which would be better, because there are flaws in both. And no property tax.

Actually guys, I have the ultimate solution. This will be the first time I've ever published it on a public forum because I know someone else will steal it and call it their own. But despite the risk, here it is anyway.
We do away with the IRS as a federal bureaucracy once and for all. We do away with the federal income tax once and for all. The federal government shall no longer have the ability to tax ANYONE individually.
Instead we implement a state solution. The federal gov't may only take 20% of a state's total revenue. The fed can levy tariffs and whatnot, just not tax any individual citizens. This is the ultimate solution because it puts the states in direct competition with each other to establish a fair and equitable tax scheme. It also returns a great deal of rights back to the state. No more federal dollars stolen from the states unless they do what DC tells them to do.
Remember, you heard it here first.

That's an interesting idea. My big concern is that California is, if anytjomg, less competent with managing its money. I'm not sure that compeition with other states would make much difference.

I agree with all of you. I especially agree with doing away with the IRS, they are nothing but criminals who rape us with the governments blessings.

I just got back a tax statement from 2007 - I had to go on a payment plan to pay my taxes - I paid it all off like a good US citzen. When I read the statement it showed that I had actually overpaid BUT our wonderful IRS in a stroke of generosity decided to hit me with additional penalties and interest that exceeded the overpayment, then they "discounted" the penalties and interest to equal the amount of the overpayment - effectively "stealing" the overpayment instead of refunding it.

It is actions like these that force me to refuse to cooperate with the IRS as much as I can. I have NO INCENTIVE to accurately report my income, if I do I simply get screwed.

I may have to close my doors (officially) and be a fly by night just to survive. I can not afford to support this kind of system any more. Giving a quarter to a third to almost half my income in taxes is simply insane.:suicide:

And I haven't had any health care plan for over 4 years. It was over $700.00 a month for me to cover just myself. I am forced to play Russian roulette.

I can not vote for ANYONE - they all suck. And they all lie and steal too so what is the use?

Don't you just love this?? This is part of the "If you make $250K or less, your taxes won't go up" lying BS from DC, AGAIN. And while we're at it, remember when the Demorats were screaming about the Bush tax cuts being "Only for the rich"??? Well, then what the hell are they talking about now, only letting the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire, but keeping them in place for the middle class, because letting them expire would amount to a significant increase in taxes? How the hell do these people sleep at night? You know, this congress hasn't passed a budget for FY10, and therefore hasn't been working with one. Not that it would make any difference, but Christ, can't you at least ACT like you're doing the right thing?? It's all about the political party, not the country to these asshats. But that's okay, Nancy Pelosi has figured out that food stamps are the best stimulis possible....

Actually guys, I have the ultimate solution. This will be the first time I've ever published it on a public forum because I know someone else will steal it and call it their own. But despite the risk, here it is anyway.
We do away with the IRS as a federal bureaucracy once and for all. We do away with the federal income tax once and for all. The federal government shall no longer have the ability to tax ANYONE individually.
Instead we implement a state solution. The federal gov't may only take 20% of a state's total revenue. The fed can levy tariffs and whatnot, just not tax any individual citizens. This is the ultimate solution because it puts the states in direct competition with each other to establish a fair and equitable tax scheme. It also returns a great deal of rights back to the state. No more federal dollars stolen from the states unless they do what DC tells them to do.

It is an interesting idea. But, what do you do about states that spend more money than they have? I think all but 4 states in the US spent more money than they took in.

What is interesting about your idea is the elimination of the Federal gov't practice of withholding funds to states that don't do what they want them to do (impose more and more regulations).

I like this idea. The states would have no choice, but to control spending because the Feds wouldn't be able to bail them out. I would also allow the states to more independently control things like speed limits and drinking age without worrying about loosing Fed funding.

You'd think that eliminating the individual state tax collection bureaucracies would be a more efficient way to deal with taxes but I have yet to hear anyone anywhere suggest this.

KahlifoaniaSeal.jpg

You'd think that eliminating the individual state tax collection bureaucracies would be a more efficient way to deal with taxes but I have yet to hear anyone anywhere suggest this.

NO.....we need less centeral power! We need to end all federal grants to states...if they can't raise the money on their own they don't need it. All the central power of the federal government leads to corruption.

I dunno hoo red watt over 'there' or hear for that matter.....

BUTT IMO, the American Citizens can eliminate about 2/3 of the stupid shit in the Wash DC region.....

easy, the list of agencies, and freeloading crap go on forever....

the leading candidates are....

EPA and DOEd.....followed by DO Energy.....

there are SO many I can't even recall 1/2 the names....

AND....here is where I depart ways with many.....

Pull our guys outta harms way, no more land warfare....

if we HAVE TO, for a hardened target, ok, a Tack Nuke...no problem...

this terror thing is easy, really.....to dismantle ANY modern society into dust.....no electric, no bridges, no major roads, no airports, no shipping ports, no WATER....no FUEL.....

get on their camel and RIDE.....

or die in the cities for lack of ANY support.....starve, eat shit water, I don't care....
Mosques to be leveled on holy daze, full of 'worshipers'.....

then to fly over with LARGE aircraft dumping the leaflets mocking their allah to DO something about it......

rub their 'religion' into the ground....easy do...humor tears up that sorta shit....ridicule drives it into the ground.....

they can do NOTHING about it.....

too busy trying to save their cities from starvation, frozen into nothingness....

how many power plants and other worthy sites in IRAN for example???

maybe 36 reduces them to stone age....

ever seen a full tilt operational power plant blow UP?? and it don't have to be nucky either....blow the boiler watch the happening....

years if ever to rebuilt, and NOT without western/intelligent support....

steel mill?? easier yet....

coal mine,?? refinery??

cut that federal budget to maybe 25% of it's present form, in about 2 months, or less.....

EASY.....

yeh, I"m a son of a bitch....tough shit....

:club::club::evil::evil:

Well - back the the OT - it won't affect me either way. I am self employed and have no health benefits. Let the .gov have a slice of that! :beer:

I not had any damn health insurance for just over 20 years now....

figger I have spent maybe 4 grand in that time frame....

figger I could have converted my depends health coverage to Fed.gov standards for only 200/month today probably 500

eff em....I pay the doc's directly....COD...

but now a daze I on SS, and there are so many terms medi X care/aide/whatever and I get so much shit in the mail, I don't even bother to open it anymore....shitcan....

nah, I got my ax to grind, and yes it's a BIG one....

the Fed .gov court system is about crooked as a snake.....got the written proof for my kids, I preserved the files, should they care to read them....doubtful, as they are a liberal arts product of our modern edjemakshunal 'system'......

and another thing, I don't give a shit WHAT the trial is about....

other than scientific evidence....there is NO REASON for any trial to take over a month to judgement, rendered in a week, appeals in a month, sentence carried out in 2 weeks....

this bullshit of capitol crimes carrying on 30 years to execution gotta END, we supporting them bastards to the tune of some 40 GRAND/year??? Bullshit little EVA, not in MY fucking world....

they finally caught that bastard child creep that killed some little kid right across the main road from me, dumped her in a Georgia landfill .....

they not EVEN got to a trial stage yet....dunno they even got a DATE yet.....been what? two years YEARS??

fuck the damn legal establishment.....I think a 5% error rate is pretty damn good and that includes a capitol offense....

but then again I have a unusual background....I been INSIDE many of the worst prisons, with the MAX security inmates.....

Walpole, ATTICA, Arthurkill, Fishkill, N. Mex State, Pa. State, LORTON, many others.....

MY solution...out to the back lot and shot.....eff 'em all forever....

:harhar::trumpet::thankyou:

It is an interesting idea. But, what do you do about states that spend more money than they have? I think all but 4 states in the US spent more money than they took in.

What is interesting about your idea is the elimination of the Federal gov't practice of withholding funds to states that don't do what they want them to do (impose more and more regulations).
Part of the solution to your question is the states would then increase their individual tax burden. It sounds bad on the face of it, for a state to increase either it's individual income or its sales tax up to the 20% range. But if you factor in that the fed no longer steals that from you, it's a net savings. Again, the idea is to force the states to be competitive with each other.

I like this idea. The states would have no choice, but to control spending because the Feds wouldn't be able to bail them out. I would also allow the states to more independently control things like speed limits and drinking age without worrying about loosing Fed funding.
This is another reason I think this is the ultimate solution. The fed would have to keep a small amount of its intake in reserve for emergencies but the days of states spending themselves quite literally into oblivion would be over. You would see states like Kalifornia and Illinois have to actually watch their budget. If they didn't, they would have to borrow money from other states or issue bonds. Either way, they would have to show some form of financial accountability to both the tax payers and their creditors (if they were irresponsible to need creditors)

You would think. But the idea of the "state solution" is competition since we obviously can't trust a single entity (IRS, fed gov't, etc) to be good stewards of our money.

It's all about the political party, not the country to these asshats. But that's okay, Nancy Pelosi has figured out that food stamps are the best stimulis possible....

It's worse than that. She has figured out that UNEMPLOYMENT is the best stimulus ever.

Can you imagine if some CEO said this, "Hey, I've got an idea, let's stimulate our business by laying everyone off"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE-z38pXUAo[/ame]

Let us not forget the 3.8% TAX we'll get to pay when we sell our house. Even if we turn right around and buy another one. That's hidden in the Obamacare plan too.
And it's even money that if health care premiums paid go on the W-2, the IRS will figure it as income and we get to pay tax on that too. Just before they attach our 401k plans.

Part of the problem with Federal aid is the mentality of not getting enough money for next years budget. What I mean by this is that the individual agencies need to spend every dollar that they get and then some this year, in order to guarantee their funding for the next year. If they spend less money today, then they get less money in the future. No agency wants to see its future funding decreased so there is no incentive for them to trim the budget. Agency spending goes up = increased funding for the agency = more taxes for you & me to support the insanity.

It is a sick self defeating cycle based in an alternate reality.

:beer:

You're absolutely right. That needs to change. I have desparately tried to think of a way to incintivise budgetary frugality but haven't thought of one yet that doesn't have as many down sides as upsides. But that doesn't change the fact that the current way is broken and needs to change.

Part of the problem with Federal aid is the mentality of not getting enough money for next years budget. What I mean by this is that the individual agencies need to spend every dollar that they get and then some this year, in order to guarantee their funding for the next year. If they spend less money today, then they get less money in the future. No agency wants to see its future funding decreased so there is no incentive for them to trim the budget. Agency spending goes up = increased funding for the agency = more taxes for you & me to support the insanity.

It is a sick self defeating cycle based in an alternate reality.

:beer:

You're absolutely right. That needs to change. I have desparately tried to think of a way to incintivise budgetary frugality but haven't thought of one yet that doesn't have as many down sides as upsides. But that doesn't change the fact that the current way is broken and needs to change.

Federal bureaucraps BRAG on that end of fiscal year spending sprees in their respective agencies.....about this time of year.....

in private in social situations....it's a royal SCAM.....

like I said...40 cognitive years in the area, living outside their system, but socializing with them....reveals a LOT of the corruption and soft underbelly of the .gov 'functions'......

and it's not pretty....

:censored::crylol: