TPI hoses?

Gene, #2 is NOT!!! for the PCV valve, the one between the runners on the lower manifold in the above pic is. #2 is for the evap canister purge line. Dean should just block it off, just like those water lines.

Gene, #2 is NOT!!! for the PCV valve, the one between the runners on the lower manifold in the above pic is. #2 is for the evap canister purge line. Dean should just block it off, just like those water lines.

I have a redrilled stock T-body, 52mm, so I can't see how it can be different than totally stock on this issue....it is mounted on a LT1 intake, modified to fit the L98 engine.....

I pull the top hose, #1 it's 1/2 diameter nipple, and that is throttle vac, before the blades ported vacuum.....

I pulled the cap off the #2 3/8 diameter nipple, engine sped up a good amount, and the sucking of air was very evident, put my finger over it, and engine went back to normal idle, THAT is full manifold vacuum....

now how in hell can that be different for MY car, when just to confirm my position on this disagreement, I went out and did just as I stated in the last couple days.....

:clap::beer:

When I ran my TPI, I used #2 as my PCV connection, to the valve in cover spot, with the LT-1 it's set in the LT1 position, in the side of the mani above the drip pan, and hooked to main plenum vacuum so I blocked off the old port on the t-body.....

that is indeed the one for the PCV, next to the 9th injector tube which is blocked on yours and using later style runners.

What's up with the ports on the intake next to the injector bosses on the right??

Those are for the LPG system, each port has one. I will be running both systems with a switch to go from Petrol to LPG. The LPG is no problem over here as there are thousands being used here.

My problem is the TPI petrol system I am the only one using this system that I know of. Well maybe a few stock C4s and a couple of 305 Camaros.

Now this is hopefully the final question on hoses, I will now connect(5) port to the FPR fuel pressure regulator as shown. But can I connect my power brake booster to the other port? or do I need to connect it somewhere else?
rearvacports.jpg

After getting all the input from you guys I plan to cap all the pipes in the first picture by machining them off and tapping them for a plug. This providing the port above will work for the power booster vacuum?

Last edited:
that is indeed the one for the PCV, next to the 9th injector tube which is blocked on yours and using later style runners.

What's up with the ports on the intake next to the injector bosses on the right??

Those are for the LPG system, each port has one. I will be running both systems with a switch to go from Petrol to LPG. The LPG is no problem over here as there are thousands being used here.

My problem is the TPI petrol system I am the only one using this system that I know of. Well maybe a few stock C4s and a couple of 305 Camaros.

Now this is hopefully the final question on hoses, I will now connect(5) port to the FPR fuel pressure regulator as shown. But can I connect my power brake booster to the other port? or do I need to connect it somewhere else?
rearvacports.jpg

After getting all the input from you guys I plan to cap all the pipes in the first picture by machining them off and tapping them for a plug. This providing the port above will work for the power booster vacuum?

goes to the hvac and cruise control

the brake booster port is on the left rear of the plenum.

Ok, that does it now on to wiring and sensors. But that's is in the future.

Many thanks folks.:drink:

Cheers
Dean

Do you mean this goes to the power booster?
Photo0196-1.jpg

Don't forget to cap off the CSI fuel port on the back of your fuel rail. Also under the plenum there is a AIT sensor plug your extension harness in before you put everything together or it is a bitch to get at after that.

Last edited:
the IAT sensor is visible in the pic, next to the nipple... the gold colored one w/ black connector. You can get at it with the dizzy removed.

OK I see the IAT sensor also I was thinking about adding a fuel pressure gauge to the end of the fuel rail using a 90* elbow and a tube to go across to the other side with a FG showing the pressure, viable with the dizzy in place.What do you think?

There's a shrader valve on the fuel rail, you can hook a hand held FP gauge to it, many places sell these.

There's a shrader valve on the fuel rail, you can hook a hand held FP gauge to it, many places sell these.

Thanks TT
I have seen some that have a permanent gauge attached to the shrader valve location using a brass fitting. I just thought it would be easier to connect to the end of the opposite fuel rail as it needs to be blocked off anyways.

You can put it anywhere on the inlet side, just don't put it after the FPR. The whole rail & line from pump to FPR sees the same pressure. I have gauges on mine too but I use AN hoses and fittings. Much easier to hook up that way.