Cool looking EFI

If it is that rare how did you get hold of it.

Is there a second hole in the injector boss ? Strange...an injector doesn't need a fuel return. It's all in the fuel rails.

What diameter runners does this thing have ?

BTW : TT, i remember some picture of your system running lines for map and iac. Care to share. I'm still figuring out my crossram, but my guess is it will look something like a bundle of snakes...

Weber IDA type manifold w/ throttle bodies. Check lumenition, TWM and VGS tuning, they have them too.

Quite a few cars in Germany have VGS TBs:

Renneinspritzung.jpg

Can't find a pic of it but they have it with neat carbon fiber stacks also.

A nice Kinsler dragonclaw is impressive too.

That would look waaaayyyy cool setting on Ol' Red. Anyone make an adapter kit to put a SB intake on a BB?:eek:

No need for an adapter plate, Mckay and others make (have made) manifolds for IDAs on BBCs....look on ebay, they pop up every now & then.

Yves right?? I don't have a map system, mine is carbed. But half the lines are for vacuum/boost.so I have a steady press. regulator signal. For clean looks I would drill & tap the underside of the manifold and plumb it there. Look at the manifold redvetracr posted up a little while ago.

Injection project

Been working on this one for a while :sweat:

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg
IMG_2299.jpg
EFI22.jpg
top4.jpg

Last edited:
Tpi/ITB

I'm a Noob here,but I've been fabing parts for this little project for about 3 or 4 months(spare time)
I started with a Scroogins Dicky TPI base plate for Vortec heads,took tpi runners and removed the 1.5 id tubes,bored to 1.625 id ,cbored 1.75 @ .3 depth.Added 1.75 mandrel bent 1.75 6061 al tubes,and made base plates to hold throttle bodies to get this

DSC01058.jpg

when meas. from the head flange gives me a fairly long port @ 14 in.
Then I machined Throttle bodies from 1.25 thk 7075 al stock

DSC01446.jpg

1.75 bore(a bit over 44 mm)bronze bushed with throttle plates made from 2024 al plate cut @ 14 deg.
Linkages & air cleaners next,the plan is to replace this

DSC01054.jpg

A Qjet.The problem, it is after all a pipe with holes in it to meter fuel.:D
The engine is a 383 roller motor with roller rockers & vortec heads,700r4 trans & 3.08 gears,hooker side pipes in a basically stock 77 l48 coupe.

I plan to run the Injection with a Mega Squirt ECM & wide band O2 sensor(I've a little experience,am running a turboed 2.2 Mazda on this settup,works great,have 10000 miles as my daily)

Have I lost IT?:bonkers:I'm a little concerned about the length of the runners,but ought to be good for low,mid range torque. What do ya think?

Gimpy

I like the modified TPI setup, I always thought it would make a nice 2 bak IR system, the base is perfectly suited for that.

The runner length is fine, the Accel/Lingenfelter superram uses slightly shorter runners. It has the TPI elbows cut about in half for a horizontal top plenum:''

77131.jpg

Gimpy, I"m insanely jealous of your fabbing ability, as with other guys doing similar type work.....I thought long/hard over doing something like that to a large base/cast runner TPI I had maybe 3 years ago on there....it's only a 355 roller engine....but the trick was not basically dooable....too much fine machine work to make those blades and the rest of it....
gotta keep it cheep, so chose the modified LT1-4 induction route instead...a buddy did the TIG welding...But your solution wins hands down in the COOL department.....
How are you individually adjusting the flow on them throttle blades for same opening especially at idle??
:cool:

Gimpy, I"m insanely jealous of your fabbing ability, as with other guys doing similar type work....
How are you individually adjusting the flow on them throttle blades for same opening especially at idle??
:cool:
Thanks guys,As for adjusting between throttle bodies(pairs of them)I made these little gizmos(copied from Kinsler FI)

DSC01445.jpg

But these are protos and will change I'm sure.
I'm in hopes that because the shafts where cut a pair at a time there will not be any large diff. in one throttle body,only in pairs, and left to right.:noworry:
Gimpy

You guys are lucky you can add all these cool things to your cars! Hell I can't even add a open air cleaner element LOL ...

I know it's shameless, but I'll be carrying Marcella intakes. If you never saw them they are works of art:

intake1.jpg

intake2.jpg
IMG_0396-1rev0.jpg
IMG_0415rev0.jpg
IMG_0446rev0.jpg
IMG_0340rev0rev0.jpg
2007_0723Image0001rev0.jpg

thinking of one of these for my car:

IMG_0425rev0.jpg
IMG_0429rev0.jpg
Not cheaap $3000-4000 each, but BEAUTIFUL work.

On my way to Michigan today, hopefully to sqeeze in a meeting with John.

Last edited: