Cool looking EFI

Weber IDA type manifold w/ throttle bodies. Check lumenition, TWM and VGS tuning, they have them too.

Quite a few cars in Germany have VGS TBs:

Renneinspritzung.jpg

Can't find a pic of it but they have it with neat carbon fiber stacks also.

A nice Kinsler dragonclaw is impressive too.

Its not a very cheap set up,do you have any experience with this type of set up? do you think it worth the money? Were talking $4k just to get started

Throttle response will be second to none, however you'll have to run an aftermarket controller which won't be cheap either. Then you need to tinker with the tuning.

I still have this, don't know what i'll use it on yet.

5480fd0a7ec99c.jpg

That one i posted comes with the Fast system in that 4k base price,then you have to pay extra for injectors,stacks,fuel pump,and who knows what else. I would like to switch to something like that,but dang you can put a lot of money in that set up.
I will take that one you have off your hands,i have a motor to put it on,actually i have 4 motors i could put it on.

What the heck do you guys do for an air filter on this kind of setup? Never really gave it much consideration because of that!

Bullshark

Ditto, any airfilter I ever seen on one, just don't LOOK right....:shocking:

That is really cool, looks like it would fit uner the hood too, with no modification. I do share the filter concern too. Do they do foam inserts or something?

What the heck do you guys do for an air filter on this kind of setup? Never really gave it much consideration because of that!

Bullshark

Some of the cars that use those stacks have an airbox built into the hood.

These will be going on my 427 sb with a webber DCOE. (that is, when I can come up with $13k to build it :rolleyes:)
Coupled with a megasquirt ECU, it looks like it is one of the cheaper options as far as ITB EFI setups go
http://extrudabody.com/

I have that with Dellorto DHLA45M tri jets (perssure tight carbs off a lotus esprit turbo, they are super rare as I have 45mm ones, most of them are 40s. Only US spec turbos got the 45s)

The manifold I have is not the same, it's larger than that one and a one off cast manifold. The one in your pic can be had on ebay for only a couple hundred but you will need to drill it for a map signal if you want a steady speed density system (lines running to all ports), same for idle air if you want to run a remote IAC. Not really feeling the extruded TBs, they look a bit star trek to me.

I also have this, a prototype GM manifold (has casting number /00) if only I could find out what kind of funky injectors go in the bosses that are tig-ed on there. They have a large injector hole, a smaller side hole for some type of common passage..maybe a fuel rail and another one just above what looks like an o ring sealing face, maybe a return. Never could find what it's for.

248334634920da.jpg

I have that with Dellorto DHLA45M tri jets (perssure tight carbs off a lotus esprit turbo, they are super rare as I have 45mm ones, most of them are 40s. Only US spec turbos got the 45s)

The manifold I have is not the same, it's larger than that one and a one off cast manifold. The one in your pic can be had on ebay for only a couple hundred but you will need to drill it for a map signal if you want a steady speed density system (lines running to all ports), same for idle air if you want to run a remote IAC. Not really feeling the extruded TBs, they look a bit star trek to me.

I also have this, a prototype GM manifold (has casting number /00) if only I could find out what kind of funky injectors go in the bosses that are tig-ed on there. They have a large injector hole, a smaller side hole for some type of common passage..maybe a fuel rail and another one just above what looks like an o ring sealing face, maybe a return. Never could find what it's for.

248334634920da.jpg

Gotta ask, HOW in hell you ever find a GM prototype manifold, living in Europe???

much less what did you pay???

:harhar: