Look Ma...no vacuum pump...

crazyhorse

This guy just run hoses from valve cover breathers to collectors on both cars..I may run up to watch the 572 run this AM....The C3 version is 68 chasis to firewall and 73 rear clip....The C3 is a 358 small block currenty running 100 shot....tricky set up with NOS coming on from the git go...he is coverting carb to run alcohol and the C3 will be back at track soon...

CorvetteDreamin018.jpg

CorvetteDreamin019.jpg

CorvetteDreamin021-1.jpg

CorvetteDreamin022.jpg

Last edited:
If he had welded the checkvalves @ a 45 degree angle they would work even better. I had that setup years ago with my cheap hedman headers. I reused the oold checkvalves off the stock shorty headers (for AIr system), baloney cut the tubes and welded them in @ 45 degree with the baloney cut so that it ended "vertically" that way you have max. pull. Worked like a charm, especially on the CFI manifold which gets very dirty on the inside with all that emissions crap going into it. A true vac pump however will pull a whole lot more vacuum as the valve covers are usually sealed and the pump is hooked to a valve.

Here is what i have,one off of each v/c goin to a catch can where the charcoal cannister use to be,with a pump hooked up to the outlet side of the catch can.

100_0573.jpg

That rubber fuel line and filter are no longer there, i have a steel line with an alum filter now.