Hello all!

brunobalestra

Hi there!

I´m new to the forum and while I do not yet own a Vette, after driving one in the States a few years back, I was hooked and it´s become one of my life´s goals. I am from Brazil, live close to the capital, Brasília, and am a huge car enthusiast, trying and willing to learn more everyday. I haven´t built a car yet, but I enjoy scribbling them and toying with the idea on the computer. As of now, I made a 3D model of a chassis for a "costumer" based on some technical drawings and he wants it all suspended by Corvette C5 bits, so, figured I´d learn a bit about it before I design it digitally. I was going to upload a few snapshots of the chassis, but haven´t figured out image uploading yet. Maybe later.

Thank you all for having me!

Welcome to the motley crew.......

I just have to ask, but really this is a long shot.....do you/family happen to know Wilson and Daveria Riberio ??? I hope the spellings make sense to you, but they were a Brazilian Attache' couple at the embassy, and she was by FAR the best baby sitter for my daughter....30 years ago.....long shot is a bit of an understatement, but the recollections are SO PLEASANT!!! just gotta ask......:thumbs::twitch::loveletter:

Welcome Aboard!

Sounds like an interesting project. Please be sure and share some of your digital design work with us. You'll find a few good parts to build with in the downloads section.

Will you use new C5 parts - or get some used from eBay? The ball joints can be replaced - but you'll need a machinist to ream and fit for you. I went with a press in bushing to make it a bit easier.

Tackling/mating the differential had me going for a bit - as I am using a C3 diff to C5 CV axles - but its worked out now. I am just now reinstalling those.

Best of Luck!

Cheers - Jim