Window glass adjustement, looking for some references.

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
Hi Guys.
I'm currently adjusting my windows, and I'd like to know how a particular area of your Vette looks like so I can compare.
Here's the pic:
80-window_20alignment_zpsfvg2rtum_4996a380541762d4ff04144692b39b4b3300d762.jpg

You're looking at the top front corner of the driver side window, seen from outside.
You see the gap highlighted in red? How it is on your Vette? Bigger? smaller? same? non existant?

My '72 convertible has that piece that holds the rubber being directly parallel to the larger stainless window trim piece about what looks like at bottom of your pix, ~1/4 inch offset....

I have had nothing but problems on that side window ever since installing a shitty damn POS top I had bought off ebay/similar source....top trim is a mess as it was cut way too large, and overlapped the door window.....catching the glass so badly it could not close properly.....:gurney::crap:

Thanks Gene, so there is definitely something wrong here.
I'm gonna pull out the glass and rails and search for clues.

66572f5e7c3fe3d.jpg

Here's mine, window down. Window up fits pretty nicely for over 40 years old. About 1/8" offset between the planes of the two pieces which are parallel. What looks to be a big gap between them toward the bottom is just shadow.

Last edited:
Oops, forgot to update.
I've sorted this out with the help of the passenger side that went very smoothly and gave reference point for the driver side.
I end up with a gap similar of yours.
Thanks for the pic, I'm keeping it for windshield-trim gap reference.