Got the new shoes on after a little mishap

cascotty

Nice Sunday morining in SoCal and I can't wait to get the new wheels and tires installed. I've got my fingers crossed that I won't have a rubbing problem because the tire store says about 20% of the C3's with this tire size (255/50/17) do rub on a fulllock turn.

Before I got started I let the dog out. Then I start empting the crammed full garage. I also decide now is a good time to take the extra parts from Bird's mods to my car out of the trunk and put them in a cabinet. I'm in the recesses of the garage when I hear a peeling sticker sound and hear the dogs nails on concrete as he sprints across the front of the garage.:confused: I turn to see a wheel and tire rolling from the garage into the driveway. You think no big deal - check out these photos. That tire accelerated as fast as if it had been on the Vette across the street bounced off one car then headed down the street like demon till it smacked one of those customized lowered mini-trucks. :clobbered: :crutches:

Isn't anything easy?:banghead:

Last edited:
The rest of the story:

The tires/wheels fit perfectly. I noticed an dramatic improvement over the BFG's on cast alumin. wheels. Look good too. Heres a photo of them.

Attachments

• P4060001.JPG
    P4060001.JPG
    713.7 KB · Views: 56
They DO add to that car. Good choice. I see why you picked them now.

Nice Sunday morining in SoCal and I can't wait to get the new wheels and tires installed. I've got my fingers crossed that I won't have a rubbing problem because the tire store says about 20% of the C3's with this tire size (255/50/17) do rub on a fulllock turn.

Before I got started I let the dog out. Then I start empting the crammed full garage. I also decide now is a good time to take the extra parts from Bird's mods to my car out of the trunk and put them in a cabinet. I'm in the recesses of the garage when I hear a peeling sticker sound and hear the dogs nails on concrete as he sprints across the front of the garage.:confused: I turn to see a wheel and tire rolling from the garage into the driveway. You think no big deal - check out these photos. That tire accelerated as fast as if it had been on the Vette across the street bounced off one car then headed down the street like demon till it smacked one of those customized lowered mini-trucks. :clobbered: :crutches:

Isn't anything easy?:banghead:

So what happen to wheels that had to have the spacers?? I seem to remember you wanted those wheels real bad.:huh:

So what happen to wheels that had to have the spacers?? I seem to remember you wanted those wheels real bad.:huh:

I'm keeping the old cast wheels for local events. I do love the look of the old AR's and BFGs with raised white letters. However, they don't measure up in the performance/saftey aspects. So the input I got on the spacers convinced me not to run those full time. I'm also going to put these on the car everytime I need to leave it at Bird's so he can burn the cheap rubber.:D

I got these forged alum. wheels that are properly backspaced, 8 in. wide (instead of 7 in.) and added speed rated, sticky tires that have an extra inch of tread width. These tires are also the correct diameter.

I'm keeping the old cast wheels for local events. I do love the look of the old AR's and BFGs with raised white letters. However, they don't measure up in the performance/saftey aspects. So the input I got on the spacers convinced me not to run those full time. I'm also going to put these on the car everytime I need to leave it at Bird's so he can burn the cheap rubber.:D

I got these forged alum. wheels that are properly backspaced, 8 in. wide (instead of 7 in.) and added speed rated, sticky tires that have an extra inch of tread width. These tires are also the correct diameter.

Scotty: Tell us about the wheels--manufacture, cost and anything you can think of. Thanks.:D

Dang! Those wheels look good. I like the new hood also. What color are you going to paint the car?

I'm goint to have it painted like the white 69 ZL-1:
http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/FAPC/ZL1Corvette.htm

There are links with better pics, I just can't find them this minute. Hopefully, I don't piss DEP off hijacking this idea -- a while back he posted that he liked this paint scheme and that brought it to my attention.

Scotty: Tell us about the wheels--manufacture, cost and anything you can think of. Thanks.:D

Check out the "Garage" for some basic specs. I'll add more to it.

Rob from DC was the first to run Bonspeed Huntington wheels. He has different front and rear sizes and the satin finish. He also runs 1/2 studs. I went with the widest same size tires I could fit at all four corners 255-50-17s. Wheels are 17 by 8 in. Bonspeed machined the center of the wheels to my specs as I wanted them to be hubcentric. This added to the delivery time - 2 months. These were very spendy - $2400 incl. mounting balanced, lug nuts, hidden valve stems, etc

Check out the "Garage" for some basic specs. I'll add more to it.

Rob from DC was the first to run Bonspeed Huntington wheels. He has different front and rear sizes and the satin finish. He also runs 1/2 studs. I went with the widest same size tires I could fit at all four corners 255-50-17s. Wheels are 17 by 8 in. Bonspeed machined the center of the wheels to my specs as I wanted them to be hubcentric. This added to the delivery time - 2 months. These were very spendy - $2400 incl. mounting balanced, lug nuts, hidden valve stems, etc

$2,400-Damn. Looks like I'm getting a set of American Racing's Outlaws for $400.00 a set.:bounce:

That's all I can afford.:amazed:

I can just see Scotty chasing that tire down the street........:friends::yahoo:

If you could really see me, you wouldn't be able to type you would be laughing so hard.:lol:

Don't get me started on the time the edger went down the hill (engine still running).