Temp gauge bouncing around

100c is the start?

doesnt sound right to me, how will it indicate normal operating temps? Or is it just an idiot light that is switched on at 100c which still seems to low to me.

btw: metal pan with water in it, propane torch underneath heating the water will keep the Vette out of the kitchen and the Mrs. a bit happier with you :lol:

Well, I assumed it was Celcius. if it's 100 Farenheit that'd only be 37 Celcius and if that was the case, the temp gauge should read close to ambient day temps out here which, in summer, readily get to 127-130* F. If the car isn't running, the gauge always sits at below the 100 mark.

:confused:

I would think that your car with the key in the run position and on a "cold" engine would register around ambient temp.

I would think that your car with the key in the run position and on a "cold" engine would register around ambient temp.

That makes sense but its going to take some time for all that coolant in the block and radiator to come up to ambient temp depending on what the night time temp was and whether or not there is a breeze going through the radiator.

I haven't read anything other than the title, but my money is that your lead to your temp sensor is intermittently grounding out somewhere. Maybe on a header where it melted through?

Mine has fallen off a few times on the intake manifold and it will peg out.

It's all sorted now. There was a break in the wire that had been twisted together and taped over that was pretty much pulled apart and also the spade terminal on the end was held on by a strand or 2 of wire.

I soldered the break back together and soldered a new spade terminal on the end...