Looking for Electric Fan Location Relay on 82

gr8vet

I have poured over all my electrical info and cannot find the dang relay for the electric fan. Is it the white dangling relay hanging near fuse box? One of the metal relays in fuse box, or behind passenger seat? I have power to the fan but it will not switch on when the temp sensor is grounded.

Thanks in advance!
tt

There is no relay. the aux fan is switched on w/ the temp sender in the pass side head and has a thick red wire directly off the alternator (or battery...not 100% sure)

If you ground the switch on the block and it doesn't come on the fan is dead.

Hey TT, well crap, guess that's why I could not find a relay eh?

I checked the fan, I do have power coming to fan, the fan does run when grounded at this point, apparently I am trying to ground the wrong sensor wire. :shocking: There were two sensors in the block, one with two wire (temp I guess) and one with one wire (assumed switch for fan), but this one is maybe 16 gauge and does nothing when grounded. And the oil sensor at bottom. Totally confused on this one. :search:

Thanks
terry

The one for the fan is on the passenger side. I think the wire was green for it. It is a single wire.

Hey TT, would you have any random guess at what CFM the existing OEM fan may move? I have also wondered how much blockage the existing fan creates when not operating. Those blades eat up alot of area.

Hey TT, would you have any random guess at what CFM the existing OEM fan may move? I have also wondered how much blockage the existing fan creates when not operating. Those blades eat up alot of area.

they free wheel like krazy when doing speed, almost no drag....