Bloody tune up

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
Yesterday I went to work on the Buick, I was trying to smooth out a chugging idle while in gear. I figured I would pull the plugs and tune the carb., no big deal. In the process of removing the spark plugs it seems that every little sharp edge under the hood conspired to attack my fingers. I got cut on everything from plastic zip ties that I cut the tips off of, to the sharp metal edges of the exhaust manifold gaskets that so ferociously guard the spark plugs. Today it looks like I stuck my fingers in a bowl of razor blades.:crutches:
The upside is that the tune up went very well.

I showed you my battle scars, the permanent burns and cuts,....you wooden believe it anyway.....

:crutches::sweat::hissyfit::crylol:

Yesterday I went to work on the Buick, I was trying to smooth out a chugging idle while in gear. I figured I would pull the plugs and tune the carb., no big deal. In the process of removing the spark plugs it seems that every little sharp edge under the hood conspired to attack my fingers. I got cut on everything from plastic zip ties that I cut the tips off of, to the sharp metal edges of the exhaust manifold gaskets that so ferociously guard the spark plugs. Today it looks like I stuck my fingers in a bowl of razor blades.:crutches:
The upside is that the tune up went very well.

When you cut off zip ties that are liable to cut you because of location, flame the exposed end with a lighter. It mushes , and rounds off. Sparky trick at no charge.:D

Them buicks are deadly ... Have one of them engines in my camaro, I can tell you avoid the plug while them things are running. Put me down real fast and left me with a tingly feeling all over.

Them buicks are deadly ... Have one of them engines in my camaro, I can tell you avoid the plug while them things are running. Put me down real fast and left me with a tingly feeling all over.

I didn't know Buicks were Progressives......:D

oh yeah i feel your pain.....the 37 ford has so many sharp edges and pointed things its hard not look like a victim of the SAW movies when you work on it.

Good old HEI ZAP! It will definitely let you know when you did wrong.

Mine doesnt have HEI, has the coil pack type ignition. Seems a little more potent then HEI though.

I swear this is a true story of a olde tyme friend, and those of you on my email list know the other man as Larry, so he was the guy that a MASS MURDERER, serious as heart attack, introduced me to Larry......so anyway, this Murderer was working on his 1/2 bastard spliced together '58-61? vette, went to pull a plug wire and got knocked on his ass into the weeds....got up and picked up the same wire...got knocked into the weeds again.....

we figger old Bill wasn't wired right from the git go.....this is a ages old standing joke between Larry and me about 45 years now....

The Murderer's name is William Dean Christianson (en?) for you all with a Google curiosity.....

:crutches: and I have a saved copy of a old new article from the Wash Post newspaper from years ago......so email if curious, I can attach it....it's PDF....

:crutches: