Another wheel/tire size question

FLYNAVY30

For starters, I apologize in advance...I did try the search function, but couldn't find anything addressing the offset trailing arms with stock fenders...so here it goes....

Ill be running Van Steel coil overs all the way around with their offset trailing arms in the rear, but under stock fenders.

So what width, 17 inch rims and tries can I get away with, front and rear...and any thoughts on backspacing?

My initial thought was 17x8 with 4.5" backspace in the front with 255/40/17 tires. In the back, I was thinking 17x9.5 with 5.5" backspace and a 275/40/17 tire.

The goal is to get as much tire, front and rear, without rubbing, and to get the outside face of the rim/tire as flush as possible with the edge of the fender flare.

Thanks very much for the help!!

I went through all this back in '95 and found MY solution with C4 17" rims and 255 50/17 up front and 275/50/17 in rear....

and by the time I bought any aftermarket rims and all the attendant bullshit with fitment I just bought '92 rims and later on changed to '89 rims.....with VBP wheel adapters.....feel free to spend more money.....

and from all the threads it seem some caliper/spoke problems STILL exist....

:thumbs: