427 Crank Pulley

Part no 3921923 BM a stamped steel 2x V belt measures 171mm across , 43mmhigh , but that 43 doesnt include a 3mm lip in the centre hole that goes back toward the crank .

It was on my69 427 no power steer TT.
Hope that helps you

Good question. I just helped a friend install a big block in his '68 last week. It had a cast iron crank pulley which was deep groove I believe. The pulley was so close to the cross member we couldn't get the belts between the two. We had to take the pulley off to fit them through.

I'll measure when I go over this week to start the engine for the first time.

My original pulley is sitting on the shelf (I've got a slightly lighter smaller pulley on the engine at the moment), so I can take a peek at it if you need any info in addition to what bazza has provided.

I have a serpentine pulley that is 6 7/8dia x 3 1/4 deep. I thought it was smaller dia than the crank pulley that was on it. If the V-belt pulley was 171mm (6 3/4) dia, it's basically the same OD but the serpentine pulley is 1 1/2 longer.

It looks like I will be notching the crossmember.

I have a serpentine pulley that is 6 7/8dia x 3 1/4 deep. I thought it was smaller dia than the crank pulley that was on it. If the V-belt pulley was 171mm (6 3/4) dia, it's basically the same OD but the serpentine pulley is 1 1/2 longer.

It looks like I will be notching the crossmember.

Larry, there are always other options to cutting crossmember! $$$$$ :nuts::smash:

17543bfdc78e2dc.jpg

1753619da0f2c0a.jpg