New Wheels and Tires

hbz_81_c3

Finally after months of waiting I finally received my new custom wheels.:thumbs: They are 18 X 8 fronts and 18 X 10 rears with Nitto 555's 245/40 front and 285/40 rear. Lowered the front and rear 1" but still would like another 3/4" to 1" more in front and possibly another 1/2" or so in the rear.
Here are a few pics. It got dark before I could get out and get some shots due to the monsoons we have had here in BG the past few days. They are not very good pics due to the lighting but want to post none the less.
I will post some more pics when I get more taken... in the daylight this time.
It is a totally different car with modern tire technology. All I can say is WOW what a difference. I was expecting a much harsher ride but not so. I would say it a more "crisp" ride over bumps but not as harsh as the stock 15's and is night and day in the smoothness of the ride quality. In the traction department there is no comparison. Night and day difference.

Attachments

• vette039.jpg
    vette039.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 59
  • vette034.jpg
    vette034.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 53
  • vette032.jpg
    vette032.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 41
  • vette029.jpg
    vette029.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 81
  • vette013.jpg
    vette013.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 35
:smash::bump: Ain't that a nice improvement?? I truly fail to see why guys don't do more of wheel/tire upgrades, worth more than anything else on the car for performance/ride......

15" wheels/tires are for trucks....

:eek:

Are those Boyd Timeless wheels? Very nice!

No ... not Boyd's. They are a one off custom design. I spent several years in the custom wheel industry a a engineer many moons ago and still have a few connections in the business and an oldfriend still in the business in So. Cal. did wheels for me.