New Toms Stuff

68/70Vette

I bought pretty much the entire rear end from Toms. This was an empty differential case (the third member),Toms differential carrier case polished and tuned for 30 (31?) spline spindles, a new ring and pinion gear (3.08:1), Toms big half axles, and flanges...this was for his 3150 set up. Similarly for the 30 (31?) spindles for the trailing arm hub spindle assembly and all the bearings and gaskets.

Actually, my rear suspension will be pretty much al Toms parts. My offset trailing arms and strut rods are also from Toms. It was Kenny that emphasized to quality of Toms parts. Kenny was the Corvette guru for who was associated with Tom. Unfortunatively, Kenny died of a heart attack. Kenny's message is that if you buy all Tom's stuff..particularly the 14XX parts, you'll never break your C3 suspension (with 1000 hp). I bought the 3150 for about $600 less expensive. I think my 496/502 engine with about 650 hp will be OK with the 3150. For all of this process, I had a long conversation with Tom.......for long conversation with Tom.......you have to keep the conversation concentrated on what you're buying. For the many times I've talked with him, he just keeps getting calls from outside. He will put calls on hold if he's talking to you,however.

All the stuff is just really beautiful.

Last edited: