Baldwin/Motion and Overdrives

SMYDA

Knuckle Dragger
I knew the Baldwin/Motion cars had this option but had never seen
any info on it.....till I bought an old Corvette book from 1973 that had
several articles on the cars. Thought I would post it as an item of interest.

A Peek into the Past ........ Baldwin/Motion.

Baldwin-Motion-OD-1.jpg

Baldwin-Motion-OD-2.jpg

I remember those Hone overdrives. Always thought that was the beans. I've got a 3speed O/D trans out of a '68 Chevy pickup. Same overall length as the 4 speed. It's been in the Vette, and it's a blast to drive. The gear change from O/D back to 3rd (kickdown) is a rush.

I remember those Hone overdrives. Always thought that was the beans. I've got a 3speed O/D trans out of a '68 Chevy pickup. Same overall length as the 4 speed. It's been in the Vette, and it's a blast to drive. The gear change from O/D back to 3rd (kickdown) is a rush.

Umm...remember the ratio?? .7 or what??

:)

I am more interested in that curved shifter.

Hurst has got buckets full of handles- find the one you like. They all bolt on. I can't really see the room in a C3 for anything but a short straight lever, but it looks like someone did.

There is more to this than it shows I would think. It would let you use for instance a close ratio trans that offers the added strength of the gearspread and add a fifth gear reduction. As far as I understand it, it would also offer you an additional reduction going from 1-2 or 2-3 or 3-4 th.

But it still is expensive and I would like to see how it fits a vette.