G'day

Doug

Hey guys,
Found this place the other day while looking for info on rear 6 link setups. A lot of great tech info on here, and obviously a lot of members willing to share their knowledge and experience with the rest of us dummies. I will warn you all now, I will ask more than my share of dumb questions.

As you would have gathered by the title, I come from the best country on the planet, except if you want to buy Vette parts. My car is a 72 small block 4 speed, red of course. Because we all know what they say about red ones. Currently doing some work on the brakes, front end and steering. Not progressing as fast as I'd like due to having to do some renovations on the bathroom (I hate bathrooms). Not really sure what I'm going to do on the rear end yet, still looking at different options.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Cheers, Doug

Welcome to the motley crew....

I have a '72 vette convertible hotrod, nothing stock from wheels to roof, nothing, everything is improved.....

pix on sites below......

I used to remodel houses for a living, done my share of bathrooms too,....:beer:

so if you got a problem or something I willing to talk about that also....

:shocking:

Hi. I'm new here, too. I knew an Aussie guy once. He was always trying to put his false teeth in everyone's beer. He was weird.

Welcome!

Last edited:
Hi. I'm new here, too. I knew an Aussie guy once. He was always trying to put his false teeth in everyone's beer. He was weird.

Welcome!

SHIT!, that's nothing, should have been in one of the dorms at Univ/Maryland in early 60's....a guy would put his dirty shitty underwear in the dorm community coffee urn......

and another guy would dump a cigarette in a book of matches down the trash shoot in MY dorm....500 pissed off guys forced out by fire alarms/sprinklers....and into the winter time...at 2-3 AM, freezing our asses offf.....happened near 20X before they caught the asshole....

they both got picked up by campus security to save their asses from the MOST severe pounding, they would have been literally killed....

:crutches::D

Welcome!

SHIT!, that's nothing, should have been in one of the dorms at Univ/Maryland in early 60's....a guy would put his dirty shitty underwear in the dorm community coffee urn......

and another guy would dump a cigarette in a book of matches down the trash shoot in MY dorm....500 pissed off guys forced out by fire alarms/sprinklers....and into the winter time...at 2-3 AM, freezing our asses offf.....happened near 20X before they caught the asshole....

they both got picked up by campus security to save their asses from the MOST severe pounding, they would have been literally killed....

Did you ever play the nut game? Like where a 1/2" nut is introduced to the drinking arena and you try to drop it into a buddy's beer when he's not looking.. if you get it he has to chug his beer and then has the nut to put in someone else's beer. That's what the guy would do with his teeth. Only false teeth are gross and kinda take the fun out of it.

Dirty skivvies in the coffee is not acceptable. That guy would have suffered some kind of horrible punishment.. either involving habanero oil or chocolate exlax. I once made this stupid ass a whiskey sour with jim beam and lemon flavored exlax. .. even garnished it with some orange slices. All because he kept trying to bum drinks without chipping in. Oh.. the days of being broke and selfish.

Welcome!

Did you ever play the nut game? Like where a 1/2" nut is introduced to the drinking arena and you try to drop it into a buddy's beer when he's not looking.. if you get it he has to chug his beer and then has the nut to put in someone else's beer. That's what the guy would do with his teeth. Only false teeth are gross and kinda take the fun out of it.

Dirty skivvies in the coffee is not acceptable. That guy would have suffered some kind of horrible punishment.. either involving habanero oil or chocolate exlax. I once made this stupid ass a whiskey sour with jim beam and lemon flavored exlax. .. even garnished it with some orange slices. All because he kept trying to bum drinks without chipping in. Oh.. the days of being broke and selfish.

Weatherford anywhere near DFW?? my oldest friend, since '60 lives in Crowley....just south of FW....:flash:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am in Queensland, about 2 hours west of Brisbane.

We certainly have our share of weirdo's down here, but I know where old mates false teeth would have ended up if they turned up in my beer. And the sun dosn't shine there very much. As for the guy putting his underwear in the coffee, there is no reason he should still be breathing. I can't comprehend why someone would do something like that.

Never been called a "downunderian" before, sounds kinda cool.:cool: I'll have to use that.

Cheers, Doug

Weatherford is about 20 miles West of Fort Worth. I know where Crowley is.. been there a bunch of times for work.

OMG, my oldest buddy from '60 or so yet, still working at Miller Brew on the south freeway, and lives just 3 miles from there, works the 2nd shift for the last 40? years last of the old Teamsters contract workers....Miller sold to SAB decades ago, so Ken is a NERD with electronics same as me, from daze WAY past yet....you should see his house, looks like a CIA watch station....inside and out, you wooden believe it if I tried to explain.....

how in hell his wife hung in there all these decades, I dunno....but both his daughers are CPA on first crack, and making mid/high 6 figger incomes, credit Lilly on that one.....they talk corporate finance on a lever I barely understand anymore, and I went to B skool, but not like THAT!!!

:gurney::drink:

Welcome to Vettemod you downunderian!

Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue now does it....I might have to try it with a little bit of a French accent.

My brother went to Aussieland for intercession (middle semester) during college and won a free dinner in Sydney by eating a 1 kilo kangaroo steak. That's something to be proud of.

I also used to work with a guy from NZ and I really enjoyed how mad he got when people asked him about kangaroos. Apparently, being surrounded by flightless birds and sheep all his life really created a lot of pent up anger.

mrvette - i need a friend like that to rig up rfid in my house so i can have my theme song play when i walk into different rooms in the house.

Last edited:
Allow me to add my "WELCOME" to the list.

I guess by now you have found that insanity runs pretty rampant here too. But even with that, there's no better TECH advice to be found. Or just plain BS if that's what you're looking for.

:clap: