FS: Guldstrand 5-link complete

That would be real sweet in a Greenwood Tribute Build.
I'm too far down the track to engage - Good Luck on the sale!

Cheers - Jim

I'm looking to get rid of the ridiculous oversteer on the C3's for street driving. I have a racer and understand suspension tuning and really loathe the way the 81 goes into corners. The rear end sux but so does the front. Is this a way forward?

Oh wait, I may be way overdriving my car on the street...:sweat:

bolt in means it does not require major surgery to install, your trailing arm pockets will need to be made longer up into the frame rail and 4 small tabs will need to be welded (2 per side) under the t-arm pocket, I believe Guldstrand sells a different center bracket for the 80-82 batwing rear end. the Guldstrand 5-link is actually the brain child of noted race car designer Bob Riley, Protofab and George Foltz, they claim the following benefits.
135169ebd1babce.jpg

Being that it's an actual Guldstrand part, that's worth something alone.
I'm guessing the buyer would need to replace all the Heims?

Do you know, when installed how the trailing links sit? Are they level or maybe up to the front? Did the rules require they be in the OEM configuration?

Now let me really go out on the limb here, can you post pics of all the manual pages?:friends:

Ralphy

Last edited:
I'm getting more interested in that setup, can you elaborate or post the instruction page regarding the mods required to fit it?
Offlist if you prefer, Steve

I'm getting more interested in that setup, can you elaborate or post the instruction page regarding the mods required to fit it?
Offlist if you prefer, Steve

once you start installing the t-arm pocket bracket, just how much you need to trim becomes evident.

But you mentioned a couple of tabs to be welded? I can envision cutting the pocket opening taller if that's what you're saying.

Wanna contact me offlist with a PM if you don't want to tip your hand here?

Steve

But you mentioned a couple of tabs to be welded? I can envision cutting the pocket opening taller if that's what you're saying.

Wanna contact me offlist with a PM if you don't want to tip your hand here?

Steve

the tabs I mentioned attach below the t-arm pocket and the lower forward link goes through them. self explanatory once you start the install, they are not shown because I have yet to cut them off the car.

no need to cut them off, if you want dimensionjs I have the tabs in my shop, from an uninstalled kit.

As for the stuff working on an 80-82 unit, the problem is the camber setup on those cars. The rods are angled because the camber bracket sits rearward of the axles over the mating flange of housing & batwing. The iron cases have the bracket bolted to the bottom and that's that this GS unit will fit. The length of the 2 lower rods in respect to each other set the toe and that's why it must be mounted perpendicular to the axis. To do this, you need to fabricate a new mount to bolt to your 80-82 unit. It can be done pretty easily by cutting up the original bracket and use the tabs to mount it to the diff, then fab a large plate to weld the GS piece on and support this plate by mounting it to the pinion snubber on the front of the diff. that large single bolt there will give more than enough support for this.