Part Vette - Jagette

mfain

Not exactly a Corvette, but close. A little update on my brother Robert's 1950 Jag 120 with C6 suspension and an Inglese-injected LS motor. Out of the body shop and being reassembled. He is going to track the car!

From this....
001 (1) (1).jpg
attachment.php

To this....
Jag Painted.jpg
attachment.php

Powered by this.....
IMG_00272.jpg
attachment.php

Suspended by this....
IMG_0776.jpg
attachment.php

Last edited:
Pappy -
Long time no see...
That is some project! Details on the Wheel/Tire combos, please. When does he build the cage?

Cheers - Jim

Pappy -
Long time no see...
That is some project! Details on the Wheel/Tire combos, please. When does he build the cage?

Cheers - Jim

Jim,

Thanks. It has pads for a bolt in cage. The tires are 275/315 and Robert had the wheels custom made for the application. I will get the details and post them.

Pappy

Weird, that worked. I'm not sure why I had to log in again, even though the forum was showing me as logged in. Somethin' screwy.

Anyway, that is a helluva project. Looking great!

Pappy - any details on the chassis - is it a one-off - or a "Street Customs"? Is that rear diff from a c5/6 too? Or are those inner hubs I see the Porsche ones you suggested to me earlier? AND, NO - I'm not going to re-do the suspension again!

Really makes me wish I bought that XJ150 when I was in college for $350. Looked a lot like like Robert's in the "rough" (first pic).

Cheers - Jim

Pappy - any details on the chassis - is it a one-off - or a "Street Customs"? Is that rear diff from a c5/6 too? Or are those inner hubs I see the Porsche ones you suggested to me earlier? AND, NO - I'm not going to re-do the suspension again!

Really makes me wish I bought that XJ150 when I was in college for $350. Looked a lot like like Robert's in the "rough" (first pic).

Cheers - Jim

Jim,

It's a "one off" chassis built from the original Jag frame. Narrowed C-6 cradles - we had to do a lot of geometry analysis to get the upper control arms (front and rear) mounting points right to produce the correct roll centers. The differential is a late Camaro chunk with custom built (Driveshaft Shop) axles with CV joints and the correct splined ends for the Camaro diff. (inboard) and Corvette outer bearings. The R&P is Woodward. The LS motor (408 C.I. is just over 600 HP) is coupled to a TKO 600. At around 2100 lbs., it should be a kick in the pants. I'm hoping Robert can get it assembled in time to make the Dallas Goodguys in Oct. If not, maybe we'll show up in his nearly completed 51 Chevy business coupe with a straight axle and for real 62 Chevy 425 HP 409. He has some really cool projects!

51 street gasser.jpg
attachment.php

51 gasser 409.jpg
attachment.php

Just a little update. I'm afraid with a high dollar paint job and interior and now, the lack of a roll bar, my brother's C6 suspended Jag has "graduated" out of the track car arena - what a shame. He just got the interior finished and he says the car has plenty of power and handles great.

Jag front.jpg
attachment.php

Jag Motor 1.jpg
attachment.php

Interior 1.jpg
attachment.php