Major PITA!!

AJ77

I bought an L-88 hood last December from another member here. Took it to the same painter that did the car originally. Six weeks later I finally told him--look, I have a rally to go to this weekend, I need the hood. He said I could pick it up but it wasn't wet sanded and buffed yet. He would do that after the run. As soon as we set it on the car, I said--crap, it doesn't match. This was March 13th. He grudgingly agreed to re-do it. I called him every two weeks trying to get it in. Finally at the end of June, I nailed him down to taking the car back in on July 9th to fix it. He said it would be ready in 1 week. I called this morning after 11 days only to find out that he hasn't even started on it yet. On top of that, now he's got it parked outside and is telling me the shifter (a B&M ratchet Megashifter that was working perfectly when I dropped the car off) is just flopping around and the trans. won't go into gear. WTF??? I'm leaving work early to go see what he's done. Sorry, I guess I just wanted to rant.

NO ONE works on my vehicles.....got burnt on that but good decades ago....

I do need help with paint, but I not getting off my ass to do anything about that any time soon....

:gurney:

I do need help with paint, but I not getting off my ass to do anything about that any time soon....

Paint and laptop tuning on the fuel injection are the only things I don't do. I used to paint my Harley when I had it, but this is a little more involved and I just don't have the time or desire. It just pisses me off to get jacked around by someone. He's really good, but always seems to have an excuse why he can't seem to get around to what he said he would do. :club:

Paint and laptop tuning on the fuel injection are the only things I don't do. I used to paint my Harley when I had it, but this is a little more involved and I just don't have the time or desire. It just pisses me off to get jacked around by someone. He's really good, but always seems to have an excuse why he can't seem to get around to what he said he would do. :club:

Yeh, I send out for tuning chips on my olde tyme FI system....so no modern hands on tuning....

as to the above, IF I tried that crap on some customer's house I was remodeling, I would have been shot for something akin to 'home invasion'.....

:shocking::ill:

as for your last comment

When it rains it pours! If you suspect that they are the ones that screwed up the shifter, you should cut your losses and get the car back.

Wow, that really sux. Car sitting outside. Uggg....did you write the mileage down? Shifter whacked??:shocking:...Don't care how good, if mine I would get it out of there. whats odd is, so good and the paint did not match.
Hope all turns out well for you.
c-ya
ToddG :beer:

Wow, that really sux. Car sitting outside. Uggg....did you write the mileage down? Shifter whacked??:shocking:...Don't care how good, if mine I would get it out of there. whats odd is, so good and the paint did not match.
c-ya

Well, I'm better now that I've been over there. Apparently he just moved the car outside yesterday morning to be able to move another car out. When he did, the C-clip that holds the shift cable on the shifter popped off. I had it fixed in about 2 minutes. As far as the (no match) on the paint, He painted the hood without the car there to match. He called me and said he needed the room and I should come get the car. I think he just takes in too much work. Like a doctor, they can't keep up. :bullshit: We had a little talk yesterday, and he promised to have it next week. I'm going to pop in un- announced Friday and see if he's started it yet,. If not, it's refund and somewhere else.

c-ya

Well, I'm better now that I've been over there. Apparently he just moved the car outside yesterday morning to be able to move another car out. When he did, the C-clip that holds the shift cable on the shifter popped off. I had it fixed in about 2 minutes. As far as the (no match) on the paint, He painted the hood without the car there to match. He called me and said he needed the room and I should come get the car. I think he just takes in too much work. Like a doctor, they can't keep up. :bullshit: We had a little talk yesterday, and he promised to have it next week. I'm going to pop in un- announced Friday and see if he's started it yet,. If not, it's refund and somewhere else.

Sounds familiar, tree climbers felling 2-3 trees have the lightening struck one all clean now, and another one too, but they got another job where one landed on a HOUSE up the road, and so they have to get that trunk off the house, roots are outta the ground, so here we set with these tree trunks and ropes all over them, and brush all over the joint.....but at least these guys have a GOOD reason, gotta get that house under cover before the next hurry cain.....

:banghead::shocking::shocking::beer:

c-ya

Nice to have an easy fix like a C Clip...hope the paint job finally goes your way.

ok, it's Friday... was hoping for some good news from you....

He was finishing up the car that was in line in front of me Friday. Rather than go through the hassle of argueing a refund amount, (he did some glass work on the hood also) and finding another shop, I left it there. It seems the older I get, the less confrontations I want to get into. I guess I'm just getting soft in my old age.:suicide: Art

He was finishing up the car that was in line in front of me Friday. Rather than go through the hassle of argueing a refund amount, (he did some glass work on the hood also) and finding another shop, I left it there. It seems the older I get, the less confrontations I want to get into. I guess I'm just getting soft in my old age.:suicide: Art

I biding my time on a couple of confrontations from a decade ago....I know where they live....so no sweat, one of them carries.....but it don't matter...

:club::hunter:

Wow, hadn't really kept up with you since then. Sorry to hear about the problems. Of course when I first started reading the thread, I was afraid it was going to be something about how the hood was a POS! Hope you get it finished up to your satisfaction this week.
BTW, the mrs is still mad at me for selling that hood. she really liked it.

Wow, hadn't really kept up with you since then. Sorry to hear about the problems. Of course when I first started reading the thread, I was afraid it was going to be something about how the hood was a POS! Hope you get it finished up to your satisfaction this week.
BTW, the mrs is still mad at me for selling that hood. she really liked it.
No, man. The quality of the hood is great! It fits better than the stock one. I just had him glass in the center brace where it had been cut out for cold air intake. I'm super happy with it. Besides, it gave me the oppertunity to drive out there and meet you. How are you doing, by the way? While the car is in the shop I'll have the chance to install the new two post lift I'm buying later this week. Silver lining, I suppose. Get better, man, Art

Well, I just spoke with the acrual guy doing the paint on my hood instead of the shop owner. He said he painted it yesterday and will wet sand and buff it Monday. He said he was happy with it. Judging by that, I'm sure I will be too. He agreed with me about it not matching the first time when the shop owner said no problem. He completely redid it, stripes and all. I can't wait. It will have been almost a month since I've driven it.

sounds like good news and it's all under control.... hope you have the car back in your garage (with matching hood) soon.....

6474c5e1c29e4397.jpg6474c5e1c2b717f4.jpg6474c5e1c2c4a71c.jpg

Picked up the car on Friday. He did good this time. Went to a car show today and got 1st in class C-3.