Blower

Perhaps it is more universal that we think. In any regard I was intrigued with
the Edelbrock because it looked like as a kit it may be less of a hassle to install. But at this point I am willing to consider any. I do however want the blower to stick out of the hood. It my statement lol

ok, only in the planning stage, but I'm making plans for my parts car. Engine will be rebuilt and in that though thinking about one of these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1553/overview/make/chevrolet/year/1977/model/corvette

Any thoughts? Thanks, Jack

they're a good upgrade for a stock motor - they make about 5 psi boost max at 4500 rpm, and if you spin them tighter (smaller pulley) you'll need to chemically intercool (nitrous oxide.... but do hang on if you do, you'll be knocking on 700 hp..... of course, knocking is a good word - since that's what will happen to your stock bottom end if you do.

In short, it's a 100 hp boost to your motor.

I ran one for years on my Buick... other than throwing the belt on an annoyingly regular basis (prior design, I understand the newer tensioner is a lot better), it's not a bad blower.

or you can spend 7k and get a real :quote: blower, then build a real :quote: bottom end to handle the blower (10k).... but that'd be pretty poor planning since everyone know that turbos are the only way to make power these days - anyone who needs a belt, well .... :censored: :banned:

:D

ok, only in the planning stage, but I'm making plans for my parts car. Engine will be rebuilt and in that though thinking about one of these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1553/overview/make/chevrolet/year/1977/model/corvette

Any thoughts? Thanks, Jack

they're a good upgrade for a stock motor - they make about 5 psi boost max at 4500 rpm, and if you spin them tighter (smaller pulley) you'll need to chemically intercool (nitrous oxide.... but do hang on if you do, you'll be knocking on 700 hp..... of course, knocking is a good word - since that's what will happen to your stock bottom end if you do.

In short, it's a 100 hp boost to your motor.

I ran one for years on my Buick... other than throwing the belt on an annoyingly regular basis (prior design, I understand the newer tensioner is a lot better), it's not a bad blower.

or you can spend 7k and get a real :quote: blower, then build a real :quote: bottom end to handle the blower (10k).... but that'd be pretty poor planning since everyone know that turbos are the only way to make power these days - anyone who needs a belt, well .... :censored: :banned:

:D

Or put a blower and a turbo in series.

This is my wife's 6-71 on a 406. It's not the best way to make power but it is torquey. The hole in the hood is not very big but it does stick up through the hole quite a bit. It is a lot of fun to drive.

Attachments

• DSCN6275.jpg
    DSCN6275.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN1494.jpg
    DSCN1494.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP2642.jpg
    IMGP2642.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 11
This is my wife's 6-71 on a 406. It's not the best way to make power but it is torquey. The hole in the hood is not very big but it does stick up through the hole quite a bit. It is a lot of fun to drive.

NICE machinery, now show us your HEMI power lawnmower......

:smash::rofl:

NICE machinery, now show us your HEMI power lawnmower......

:smash::rofl:

If my HEMI looks good when I tear it down it will probably end up in one of these or a Model A. Around here nobody would notice another HEMI lawn mower, a weed whip maybe….

Attachments

• DSCN6861.jpg
    DSCN6861.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP2011.jpg
    IMGP2011.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP8939.jpg
    IMGP8939.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 17