glueing side reveal mouldings

Side reveal trim?? stainless?? is on my car, I don't use any clips, I use black RTV and load it up tight as whale puzzy, and that's waterproof, no rust that way....did the header strip the same way....in fact , my '72 vert used to have a leak over the top in rain storm....

I had noticed that a '73 Grandville Vert I had, did have the same header leak problem, even SNOW came in on one trip...never did fix THAT car....it had stainless over the top of the W/S same as my vette....

then I had a '70 Lemans Sport Vert....and so it had VINYL wrapped over the W/S header and never ever leaked a damn drop....even into a hurry caine.....

SO when the stainless on my '72 was leaking, I took a cue off that and wrapped the stainless header in black vinyl, been there for some 18 years now, and NEVER leaked a drop since then....went through a Florida hurry caine at some 80 mph some years ago, not ONE drop over the header....

It not factory purrfect, it just works....

:clap::shocking::flash:

Well front and rear window are in at the moment.

I was thinking of using the windscreen glue to do this as it provides a good seal as well, but the stuff is damn difficult to remove once cured, so a problem if I ever need to remove te windscreen or mouldings.

Hm:skeptic: