Understanding Audio Amplifiers

I'll keep that in mind mrvette but remember I'm in Canada. At present I have the Pioneer KEX 50 that I had modified to remove the internal booster to accept these amps 25 years ago and they have more power than I could ever want. What I don't want is the KEX 50 Head Unit.
For now I'm going to put this project on the back burner and finish the exhaust first then go from there.

Shipping is a long way, recycle them up there.....not worth it, I failed to note your location....

:hissyfit::censored:

Amplifiers=trash in/trash out.
Stereos are a chain. They are only as good as the weakest link.
Source-amp-speakers.

Amplifiers=trash in/trash out.
Stereos are a chain. They are only as good as the weakest link.
Source-amp-speakers.

Not that I have ever done it, because I don't have tunes in any of my vehicles....typical hotrodder, listening to the engine....

but I would just want a simple MP3 8 gig player to plug into the EQ then the amps, and a volume control....simple as hell, rip a bunch of shit I want to listen to, instead of some buzzy reception or lo fi radio/tape/ worse yet, some skipping CD....

:gurney::drink:

You say "had", did you throw it out or mod it for todays head unit?

Wish I still HAD that setup.I had the matching equalizer,
cassette/radio,the GM-120 and speakers.
Took the system out of my car to do some repairs and while it was all neatly boxed up some lowlife scumbag robbed my house.Needless to say the stereo was gone The "dogs" also crushed my 78 Pace car model I'd built over 2 years.
BUT they didn't get all they wanted the first time so came back 2 weeks later and cleaned out the rest of the house
(they even took 2 TV's that weren't even working).
I never did find out who did it,That was nearly 25 years
ago now and some so called friends disappeared not long after I went on a rampage around the area whilst investigating the crime. To this day, If I ever find out who it was I'll "skin" their feet (cant run then ).
Man that whole setup rocked !!! It even got complaints at the drive-in theatre !!!!!! I parked close to the candybar
and they couldn't hear the customers !!!
The stuff today maybe more advanced & cheaper but
it dont have the sound. So I'll keep searching........
Cheers
Merry Christmas & Happy/safe driving
Gav

Last edited:
My $.02 worth on the subject. Mo $ = better stuff, sometimes.......

I started with a split system;

Sub- Blaupunkt PCA1300 300W x 1 Car Amplifier
Speakers- Blaupunkt PCA2120 120W x 2 Car Amplifier

Did ok but nothing to get excited about.

Swapped some things around and went to an Infinity single amp.

Infinity Reference 7541a 111W RMS (notice this is rated in RMS) x 4 Car Amplifier

Using the other two channels for sub. For another $40 this setup will make your ears bleed. No doubt you can spend thousands on this stuff.

Not sure why one would want such a loud setup, except in my case for the vert I just wanted something I could hear above wind noise at 75MPH. And in the 82 needed something louder than the side pipes! I love that thread!

:drink:

tt

:devil: That's funny, as I just quipped with my son in a email, about electric cars and tech problems......

that we need a really loud stereo system to mimic the V8 sound.....

:yahoo::clap: