Image Hosting for Dummies

JPhil

Huh?
OK, I'll be the first one to admit it, I'm a dumshit when it comes to these computers. I'm trying to download some photos for others to be able to see if they want, for a thread.
I got 12 in there, but can only see them on "my images." I'm not listed on the "all veiwers" and have 0 showing for "my photos." I clicked on "public."
Any further photos I try to put in come back "oversize." I don't get why they should be--they're all from the same place, but I guess that's not the point--How do I resize a picture?

sorry I'm so stupid.

John

Last edited:
You have a whole bunch of pics uploaded but all are set as private and as such you won't show in the mebers picture listing.

if you need help resizing, send the pics to me.

TT, are you receiving and resizing everyone's pictures before they are inserted into a thread? The reason I ask is that I still can't seem to get this picture thing right. I would hate to have to send you pictures everytime I want to insert into a thread, because eventually that is all you will be doing...editing pix. I am finally able to get pictures into the thread, but they are so small that they aren't legible unless you double left-click on them to see the enlarged version. I do have everything loaded into 'my photos', but haven't figured out how to get them from there into a thread.

I hate to be a pest, and I know you gave me some advice on resolution, but I can't change the res on pictures already taken. There has to be a simple way to get a decent size picture with good resolution into a thread...:confused:

Help!!!

Thanks, Marv B.

You can upload pics that are 1 meg and 1280x960 and everything smaller. If you have larger pics or larger filesizes they must be reduced. I'm not doing it for everyone but for some, yes I have helped them out.

If you want to paste the pics in the thread, get them from your image account and use the above code. If you use the gallery pppup they are inserted as thumbnails. You can simply remove the whole url thing in front and the /url at the back and remove thum_ in front of the filename, that'll be the large pic

You have 4 pics in your hosting account. Go to iamge hosting -> my images. And then copy the BB IMG code: for instance

190481c795060747.jpg

will result in

190481c795060747.jpg

thum_190481c795060747.jpg

will result in

thum_190481c795060747.jpg

I edited your other post, made the pic larger (changed it from thumbnail to full size)

Thanks TT. I'll try your suggestions the next time I want to post a picture. Thanks again for your help, Marv.

190481f31de118a5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I'm going to add that so you can DL it from the image hosting section :)

Uploading where? If you attach the pic to a thread, it's there immediately.

If you upload a pic to your photo album (image hosting) you have to paste the supplied image code (displayed under each respective picture in your picture album) to make the pic appear in the thread.

Read this:
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2837