Six Link Rear Suspension

Sky65

I know Drag Vette has a really nice six link set up for C2& C3. But, I saw somewhere someone made their own set up without the safety hoops and cool finish. This person used shortened stock strut rods for the upper links. It wasn't fancy but looked like it would work. I can't remember where I saw it. Anyone done this? Have any instructions? Pictures?

Thanks

Yeah. :thumbs: That's what I'm looking for. Anyone have any build instructions?

May you mean "Stroker-427" ????? ;-)

Ok..... I was working on a KIT to be placed in the market of my own system, but the mentioned patent and the very high EURO stopped my project!

My final decision is to share the drawings of the parts to anyone will ask me!

A few of us allready got it!

May you mean "Stroker-427" ????? ;-)

Ok..... I was working on a KIT to be placed in the market of my own system, but the mentioned patent and the very high EURO stopped my project!

My final decision is to share the drawings of the parts to anyone will ask me!

A few of us allready got it!
COOL!
I'm asking. I will pm you my email address.
Thanks
Tom

Pier Paolo,

Can you send me the drawings too? Not sure if I have the latest revision.

Marck,
wath about to place the drawings in the download area?

I really don't need to get money from this..... the only thing I ask, is to be known as the guy who designed and shared the project.

A "thanks" from a true Corvette Enthusiast is enough for me!

That's all !

If you agree..... geve ma some day to recover the last drawings (DXF and DWG) from my old (and semi-functioning) laptop!

Last edited:
In a dead moment I started to build the ones that Paolo gave me the drawings for. Here are they. Still not complete as my project has come to a virtual hold.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Marck,
wath about to place the drawings in the download area?

I really don't need to get money from this..... the only thing I ask, is to be known as the guy who designed and shared the project.

A "thanks" from a true Corvette Enthusiast is enough for me!

That's all !

If you agree..... geve ma some day to recover the last drawings (DXF and DWG) from my old (and semi-functioning) laptop!

I still have them paolo if you need em.

What gauge steel is that? Also, turn up the heat or turn down the wire speed.

The outside plate is 8mm, the inside is 6mm. Mounting brackets for the links are 8 mm i believe.

Well, i'm not the best welder in the world...still need to clean the welds up, so it gets nice

If you have access to a TIG machine, grind off the welds a little to reduce buildup and run over them with the tig once more (no need to add filler). Some of those welds look a little cold, and being a suspension piece you want to make sure it does not come apart.

The 1st pic, the weld inside the round hub part. The right upper weld there, it looks like a piece of rope caulk sealant, that one has little or no "wetting"and it's a cold weld. Too high a wire feed, moving too fast or the heat to low (or a combo). What welder do you have? Weird thing is, some of them are fine, some have good flow into the sides.

I like those pieces a lot, guess I'll have to get some cut also. There's a stainless shp with a laser cutter across the street from the shop.

Where did you get the tubular section?

Thanks Yves,
if you still have the drawings, can you send it to Marck?
My old PC isn't running anymore.... I'm trying to recover the datas from the Hard Drive!

Only the outer plate is 8mm, the others are 6mm.

Han laser cutted the parts?

Thanks Yves,
if you still have the drawings, can you send it to Marck?
My old PC isn't running anymore.... I'm trying to recover the datas from the Hard Drive!

Only the outer plate is 8mm, the others are 6mm.

Han laser cutted the parts?

I have the Rhino file, Ital-IRS.3dm that you sent to me in October 2007. Is that the latest version?

Marck, I got the tubular section at a steel supplier. It's little larger, but for a couple of euro's I had it turned to the right diameter and it works like a charm. The steel ones are pretty heavy, but I didn't find someone that could to them in stainless.
Good idea to go over the welds once more. I do have acces to a TIG but no experience and untill now I had no real big succes welding with it. Since it was all steel I just used my mig.

Paolo, is your old emailadress not working anymore ? If so I will send them there.
Yes a laser cut the parts. I had to clean up the holes for the bolts with a drill though.
Not sure about the smaller parts. The cutter just used the info on your drawing so my guess is they are in whatever size was on the drawings.