So Cal Powdercoating

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
EMBE, in Santa Ana
I scored these Doug Thorley Headers from my rad guy used for $150. (They list for $870):trumpet: Darrow turned me onto Embe, and $150 later, they are ceramic coated outside, copper coated inside.:drink::drink:
34890cecb764a8.jpg

Sweet Jeff. Can I have first refusal if you decide not to fit them? :rose:

Sure. You got a Winnebago?:harhar:

A Winnie with HEADERS on it???

gotta be kidding.....

wife wants to buy something and go touring, problem is 5 mpg sux the green weenie....looked for a bit at a Montana Poncho van...long bed extended....
only 2400 bux....but we are about 5 years out from her getting situated to the point of doing this.....honestly, I"d rather fly and save the boring trips....

conflict, I go freeways and hate back country roads...just too damn much traffic and BS to deal with not for any 10,000 miles of touring...

much less the gasoline and lodging...food is anywhere so that's a wash...but the snacks will gain us weight for sure....

:crap:

Sweet Jeff. Can I have first refusal if you decide not to fit them? :rose:

Sure. You got a Winnebago?:harhar:

A Winnie with HEADERS on it???

gotta be kidding.....

wife wants to buy something and go touring, problem is 5 mpg sux the green weenie....looked for a bit at a Montana Poncho van...long bed extended....
only 2400 bux....but we are about 5 years out from her getting situated to the point of doing this.....honestly, I"d rather fly and save the boring trips....

conflict, I go freeways and hate back country roads...just too damn much traffic and BS to deal with not for any 10,000 miles of touring...

much less the gasoline and lodging...food is anywhere so that's a wash...but the snacks will gain us weight for sure....

:crap:

Rent a diesel pusher. Let someone else take the hit.
This project is for a friend at work. I'm setting it up so he can do his bucket list. IE, Bonneville, Burning Man, Reno air races, etc.
He is an old drag race buddy from Detroit. (Used to work graveyard punching out Poncho Fenders).