Another newbie but this time from OZ

Federal007

Hello all,

Just a quick hello from me who has also come from another site. I live in the great land of Australia and currently own a 72 350 Coupe in Marlboro Red and am awaiting a lovely 69 convert from your soil of the US. Some will know this car but I'll post some pics when it gets here.

Glad to be here - Cheers :nuts:

Another bloke from the land down under G'Day Mate :hi:
We have another well known member from OZ here,and thats only because of his wife :yahoo::yahoo:

Maybe some day i will be his brother-in-law if he would get busy and set me up :drink:

Welcome :hi:

Is that a black '69 vert ???

No it's not unfortunately if it's the one your thinking of but it does come from your neck of the woods. It's red. And yes I am a stirrer to :drink:

Thanks for the warm welcome also.

Welcome Federal007! Remember to post us pics of your new car!

Do you have steering wheel in right or left in your '72?
Is there age limit when you don't have to change the steering wheel position?

I heard a rumor that this beautiful '69 vert is coming to Finland. Not 100% sure though...

Welcome Federal007! Remember to post us pics of your new car!

Do you have steering wheel in right or left in your '72?
Is there age limit when you don't have to change the steering wheel position?

I heard a rumor that this beautiful '69 vert is coming to Finland. Not 100% sure though...

My 72 Coupe is RHD and was converted in about 1992 when it came to Aust. The rules here are that if the car is +30yro then it can be registered and driven LHD so all is good. As for the black one, I'm not 100% sure where it ended up but had heard that rumor also.

Here is my current (Excuse the interior - work in progress):

59348c8fb71e49e5.jpg

59348c8fb72a79b1.jpg

Hello all,

Just a quick hello from me who has also come from another site. I live in the great land of Australia and currently own a 72 350 Coupe in Marlboro Red and am awaiting a lovely 69 convert from your soil of the US. Some will know this car but I'll post some pics when it gets here.

Glad to be here - Cheers :nuts:

Is this the 69 you bought?

536e7997.jpg

You are one lucky bastard! That is a NICE car, lots of pix in the for sale section here.

Congrats on the new Vette and welcome to the forum! Australia is an awesome place as well, I've been to Sydney and Darwin. Lots of good times, I think, well then again I don't remember a whole lot.

G'day g'day :hi:

Welcome to VetteMOD. I was in Canberra a few weeks ago, staying with my sister out at Nichols (spelling?)

When I leave this dump, I'm going home to the Sunshine Coast. My 82 will be older than 30 years by then so I won't bother with changing the steering over. I'd imagine that fuel will be so expensive by then that it'll be a drive-it-once-a-week "show pony" anyway :lol:

Welcome to the motley crew....

Federal007, secret agent man....???

:bounce::harhar:

G'day g'day :hi:

Welcome to VetteMOD. I was in Canberra a few weeks ago, staying with my sister out at Nichols (spelling?)

When I leave this dump, I'm going home to the Sunshine Coast. My 82 will be older than 30 years by then so I won't bother with changing the steering over. I'd imagine that fuel will be so expensive by then that it'll be a drive-it-once-a-week "show pony" anyway :lol:

Thats only about 15mins from where I am. As for the 82, you should miss out on import duties as you've owned it elsewhere for at least 12 months. Fuel, theres a different story, it's been up and down like and old man with a prostate problem !!!! But at the end of the day, we don't by old vet's for fuel economy now do we.
Welcome to the motley crew....

Federal007, secret agent man....???

:bounce::harhar:

Thanks all again for the welcome. Secret Agent man, well some things best left alone LOL :censored:

Thats only about 15mins from where I am. As for the 82, you should miss out on import duties as you've owned it elsewhere for at least 12 months. Fuel, theres a different story, it's been up and down like and old man with a prostate problem !!!! But at the end of the day, we don't by old vet's for fuel economy now do we.
You're right, there shouldn't be any problems with import duty, but just to be safe, I've kept receipts for everything I've bought and taken loads of photographs of what the car was like before I fixed anything. So, not only will I have owned it for longer than 12 months but I can show that it was a real heap when I first bought it.

The fuel prices frighten me when I go home on vacation, and it's at least twice as much when we go and visit my wife's family in Scotland :amazed:
Fuel's 15c (Aus) per litre out here :lol:

The fuel prices frighten me when I go home on vacation, and it's at least twice as much when we go and visit my wife's family in Scotland :amazed:
Fuel's 15c (Aus) per litre out here :lol:

15c/litre OHG:hunter: It went from $1.32 yesterday to $1.59 today but reached $1.72 about a month ago. (For those who don't want to google, 1 litre = 0.27 of a gallon)

As for the car, I probably wouldn't advertise the money spent to customs just in case they decide to pull something out of their hat like all good Govt. departments tend to do to get money.