cutting up my 90 vette

How was the weather out there today, folks are bitching a LOT over something like 28f in LA........I note the what looks like blinds over your garage door there.....must be nice, MOST of the time.....

:yahoo:

was about 70 today, it is a carport.

How was the weather out there today, folks are bitching a LOT over something like 28f in LA........I note the what looks like blinds over your garage door there.....must be nice, MOST of the time.....

:yahoo:

was about 70 today, it is a carport.

There you go, the weather been damn similar here recently, phreaking GORGEOUS outside, I go out and stand in the sun, and the burb turn dark, I sucking up all the rays......:ghost::flash:

Took the rear suspension apart today. I will polish the dana36 and batwing for use with my other polished parts.

rearend001_zpsf7ea2571.jpg

Not much left of the car now. Will remove transmission tomorrow and buy a engine dolly and put rest of parts in my shed.

rearend002_zps0f6e1801.jpg

I got the transmission off today, next have to get a engine stand then bolt to back off motor and let it drop out of the cradle.

This truly the easy way to remove a vette engine

transout001_zps8b3a90db.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I bought a engine stand and have it mounted to the motor. I then supported the frame on the front of the engine stand to help support the extra weight of the frame and suspension.

Now I will start removing the frame and suspension and other parts.

This is a 1,000lb stand, after I get motor out I will weld some support bars to front of the engine stand and connect those to the motor mounts to help support the engine.

stand002_zps0f4fecb6.jpg

Last edited:
I got the transmission off today, next have to get a engine stand then bolt to back off motor and let it drop out of the cradle.

This truly the easy way to remove a vette engine

transout001_zps8b3a90db.jpg

What am I looking at, where it looks like something inside the framerail (above the concrete block)?

That looks like a bulkhead to me. I guess if the section of the frame is that big, a bulkhead would stiffen the structure torsionaly.

Gotta ask, what is that large black disc mounted to the water pump on front there??? my '87 vette did not have it, I have a '88-91 vette serp drive on my '72 here for some 18 years now, and never had anything like that disc on there, is it a pulley?? for driving what??

:noworry::crutches:

Gotta ask, what is that large black disc mounted to the water pump on front there??? my '87 vette did not have it, I have a '88-91 vette serp drive on my '72 here for some 18 years now, and never had anything like that disc on there, is it a pulley?? for driving what??

:noworry::crutches:

I have heard it basically reduces shock loads on the A/C compressor bracket when the compressor cycles.

Odd, in that with a older set of iron heads that a/c bracket had the top bolt into the head, the two close together is best I can describe....and so the bracket broke, and my aluminum welder buddy fixed it .....

NOW I have the aluminum heads on there, and so ALL the bracket bolts are in place....but on both sides, it is my recollection that both the alternator and the compressor had bars that went back to one of the header bolts, stopping fore/aft vibration.....

BUT for many a year now, both of those bars/struts have not been installed....runs fine.....

:crutches::lol: