2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray - Production

Awesome video.
What would you guess the average worker weighs? At least 30-50 pounds overweight? That is a healthcare problem waiting in the wings.

Thanks for the post. I bought my 08 in a bit of a mild panic. With GM's upcoming bankruptcy, I was concerned that they would stop making the Corvette, particularly with an Obama administration mandated management for GM. If I knew about the 14, I would have probably waited, but my financial situation is not so good now, so perhaps I wouldn't have bought a 14 today.

It looks a lot nicer than a C6, both the exterior and interior, but I think it's about the same car. So I'll have to be happy with the 08......The frame is about 200 lbs lighter ?? The C6 base car steel frame is now aluminum. Also, did I read this right?"....The C7 frame/body is now aluminum, fiberglass, composite fiber..and BALSA WOOD? Did I read this right? If there is balsa wood, it's not really that much unusual.. In thin layers, wood..with the layers of wood oriented so the grains don't match, and bonded with glue and hot pressed in a mold can be very strong....i.e. the Howard Hughes Spruce Goose 8 engine flying boat, also the Mosquito Dehavilland reconnaissance aircraft were constructed of multi layers and thin wood glued and pressed together.

Really like to buy one, but I'd have to take a big depreciation loss on selling the 08 and I don't think it's worth it.

Last edited: