New plug wires .... Under headers.... Hate it....

MYBAD79

I can do any kind of mechanical work and somewhat enjoy it, but ...... I hate wires..... That said.... Trying to install my new Moroso "under the headers" wire kit.... OMG what a pain..... It's not that it don't fit, it's just that I am so annoyed with running wires..... It's like an allergy...... :smash::smash:

The standard "wire kits" got burnt so I decided to route the wires under the headers close to the block, then "up".... Damn , what a pain........

"Rant off"

Is that a cut to fit kit? Are there holders or some kind a of conduit to route the wires next to the block?

Is that a cut to fit kit? Are there holders or some kind a of conduit to route the wires next to the block?

Yeh, Chebby routed them that way, and had some sheetmetal under there to hold the wires, they are a pia no question....with my headers I just went up and over, but had to buy some Jacobs ceramic plug wire boots, and so no more melting and arcing .....God, I'm lazy.....:surrender:

I also supersize with you. I went with a strange setup. Half of mine are 90 degree boots.

These are assembled all 90 degree boots Moroso wires... they seem to fit fine, it's just annoying having to get the front of the car on jacks so you can get under to route these wires away from the headers.
Once it's done it's a really clean looking solution..... once it's done ... :smash:

The wires burn up, they are harder to work on especially when room is tight. I have had good luck with the insulating boots. I almost never have burned wires since I started using those. Even with angle plug heads and headers not designed for angle plug heads.

like these:
251f675e334ee8.jpg

The wires burn up, they are harder to work on especially when room is tight. I have had good luck with the insulating boots. I almost never have burned wires since I started using those. Even with angle plug heads and headers not designed for angle plug heads.

like these:
251f675e334ee8.jpg

OK, gotta ask what that blue thing on the intake pipe is.....

I assume the blue finned thing on the fender is an ignition trick.....

:)

blow off valve, the blue thing on the fender is a fuel pump
the ignition box up high on the firewall on the left, below it is a weatherpack ECU on the heater box

I have had my wires under the headers for 4 years and it gets really hot over here, no problems so far. I also did the same with the truck wires.