Lost headlights and rear running lights.

BRUTAL64

Neanderthal
Lost headlights and rear running lights last night, in the middle of a big bad hate Glenn with Jiggles. Had to run a jumper to the headlights, but that didn't give me the rear taillights. Really didn't think it would. Not fun. I'm thinking headlight switch. Just wondering anyone else have this happen? Going into it tonight.:bump:

Disconnect the bat immediately, I had the same thing happen with a faulty headlight switch and the thing nearly caught fire the next time I switched power on to try and diagnose the problem. The factory smoke left the housing :)

Disconnect the bat immediately, I had the same thing happen with a faulty headlight switch and the thing nearly caught fire the next time I switched power on to try and diagnose the problem. The factory smoke left the housing :)

Actually I have -probably- hit the switch 50 times since I lost the lights. But, still is a good idea to cut the power to the switch anyway. Thanks.:D

My lights would go out shortly after I put on the high beams..., first time it happend, it scared the living shit outta me driving 65mph on 2 lane twisty country roads in pitch black conditions...turned out to be a bad wire in the the headlamp.:twitch:

My lights would go out shortly after I put on the high beams..., first time it happend, it scared the living shit outta me driving 65mph on 2 lane twisty country roads in pitch black conditions...turned out to be a bad wire in the the headlamp.:twitch:

With that condition you would still have tail lights. Is that correct? :beer:

With that condition you would still have tail lights. Is that correct? :beer:

Most likely they did, but I didn't notice. Turned off the high beams and the headlights came back on. When I was troubleshooting, the wire problem was pretty visible, so I didn't even think to check whether it affected the rear.

Ok, here is what happened. Ready..........................the electrical connector came off the headlight switch. :smash::twitch::censored:

Every once in a while it is nice to have an easy fix:bounce: Although getting back there is a pain...at least on my 70..