Vacuum SUX - Electric Headlights...

I think you probably saw my original post on CF- I'll be trying it soon, though it will be a long time before they are needed on my car (just started a frame-off). I'll be using two actuators, as I think anything else will just add too much complexity and clutter.

You would be correct! I think this is a great mod on the C3's if it can be applied correctly. So get to work and get all of talkers off of our butts.:thumbs:

I like the idea of using the actuators but don't like the slow speeds they travel. Using one with the right travel to fully pen the lights will take about 6-8 seconds to open. Im trying to figure out how to do some kind of cam linkage and maybe reduce that time by 1/2. Im not good with angles so it will be alot of trial and error when I get to the light stage of putting this car together.

Well, as we all know, vacuum SUX no question...BUT, when looking at all that mechanical crap of one bushing on another, nylon....polycantpronounceit, and so forth to keep dissimelar metals from corroding and causing too much slop over some time span....the complexity of doing any ONE TIME system for ME was just tooo damn much....

too many possibilities with little to no reward in the end....freeking operating headlights being SO LO on my list of desired, topped by a woman.....well...

:devil::devil::stirpot: I opted out for fixed lights as a dooooable project and no way in hell it would be less than 30 lbs of gear on front of that car for any operating mechanism....even from NASA....

:chinese::ghost::devil: